New Surgeon!!!

Tracey P.
on 5/9/11 4:13 am - Canada
I got a call this morning from Guelph saying that my Surgeon has been called away on a family emergency and that Dr. Reed will be doing my surgery on Wednesday. I was a little afraid that they were calling to cancel my surgery. I was wondering if anyone else on here have had Dr. Reed, and what is he like. Thanks for any information!

Tracey

Karen M.
on 5/9/11 4:16 am - Mississauga, Canada
You will be in excellent hands.  Dr. Reed is a skilled, experienced surgeon.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 4:24 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Dr. Reed has probably been doing bariatric surgery the longest in Ontario.  Years ago when I was considering RNY he was one of the very few in Ontario.  Tons on here have had him, you are in excellent hands.
Joyce J.
on 5/9/11 4:59 am - Scarborough, Canada
No worries, you are in great hands

Keep us posted

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

mom4life
on 5/9/11 5:26 am - Port Rowan, Canada
I got a call from them today too to tell me that my 6 month follow up appointment with Dr. Pereira Hong had been cancelled as well.  Hopefully she is back soon and things resume their course.

Dr. Reed is exceptional.  He handles all of the complicated or higher BMI surgeries in Guelph to the best of my knowledge.  The only thing I have ever heard negative about him is that he is very dry, doesn't smile much...but that's it...everything else I have heard about him as a surgeon is fantastic.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

jdance
on 5/9/11 6:08 am - Canada
Ah yes, reminds me of last year. I had Dr. P H and my surgery was scheduled for Early June, but her mother is ill and she took time off last summer to be with her.

I've just heard that her mother isn't well again and she is away for awhile. My surgery got bumped twice last June and I got Dr Reed. He's a very skilled surgeon, i have no complaints about him. I actually liked him better than DR P H. Personal choice.

so you shouldn't have any worries with him. You are in good hands.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 8:54 am - Guelph, Canada
 my friend had him... hes great but has the personality of a pencil 
ibed
on 5/9/11 10:24 am
i was in the hospital today doing some pre-op stuff and overheard another patient saying Dr Reed was an amazing surgen (i don't think she was refering to rny surger.)  he's my surgen on may 29th.  a friend of mine that has had rny in the states said if she had to do it all over again she would only let Dr Reed be her surgen even if she had to wait a while for him.  hope that helps your comfort level - and best of luck wednesday.
Ann R.
on 5/9/11 4:13 pm - Dashwood, Canada
Tracey,
you have nothing to worry about with Dr. Reed. He is an excellent surgeon. He did my RNY on Dec.18,2010. If you can manage to get him to crack a joke or smile you are one of the few of us. He is straight forward and tells you like it is. I wish you luck on Wednesday. Please let us know how it went.

Ann

My angel is Karen Dunlop.
sw343,hw360, referral faxed  & blood work 11/09,sleep study 11/21/09,first appointment with nurse/nut/sw 02/18/10,ultrasound & upper gi 03/11/10,second appointment with nurse/nut/sw 04/15/10,first appointment with Dr.Reed 09/13/10,Dr.Agarwal 10/12/10,second appointment with Dr.Reed 11/10/10, PATTS 07/12/10,surgery 12/18/10

Most Active
Recent Topics