Travel Help Needed

me_and_da_boyz
on 5/11/11 12:28 pm - Canada
I am currently on vacation and am having a seriously huge problem with eating - I'm having problems getting all my water in and getting protein in as well.  I'm just in the states now so it's not a huge deal, but am going for 2 weeks to England at the end of the month and not sure at all how to do it.
I wont have a refrigerator and don't know how well coolers will work. 
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for quick, easy proteins that I can take with me and also any wonderful suggestions on what are easy foods to eat that are easy to get and good for me!!
If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm feeling glad that I have this "test" vacation in order to prepare for the big one.

Thanks,
Heather

Karlalala
on 5/11/11 1:19 pm - London, Canada
When in doubt there are a few things that I have found GREAT to travel with.  I swear by chicken or turkey pepperettes.  They are great for protein.  Sodium is a little high but if it is not a long term thing where you are eating a bunch it should be ok.

I also really like to have cheesestrings and the little individual cups of cottage cheese are convenient.

If cold storage is a problem the "tuna-in-a-kit" is great and also the little individual cans of tuna are great as well!

If you are planning in advance and need a snack idea....garlic roasted chick peas are a great source of protein and are nice and crunchy!

I am sure others will chime in as well!

Good luck to you!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Lisa3756
on 5/11/11 11:05 pm - Ottawa, Canada
What about protein bars and protein shakes that can be mixed with water, then you get both protein and water in at the same time!  (Bulk Barn sells a Whey Protein Cooler that comes in three flavours - Peach Punch, Cran-Raspberry and Lemon Ice Tea.  I've only tried the ice tea one and it was pretty good!!)
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Monica M.
on 5/11/11 11:50 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I find that protein bars are a good idea too. I usually keep a couple in my car for emergencies, and in my desk at work. They'd travel well.

Most Active
Recent Topics