Getting a Angel?

Sharri63
on 5/13/11 1:08 pm - St. Thomas, Canada
 I just read someones post about getting an angel?  How do I go about getting one?  This person said something about finding and picking your own??  Please help!  I'd like some extra support (advice) from an angel...which is just perfect!!  As I'm a HUGE "Angel" fan anways...lol.  I go for my "Surgical Education Class" next week.  So is it too early to get an angel.  Any help or advice on this topic would be greatly apprectiated.   Thanks so much.     Sharri   
Karlalala
on 5/13/11 6:20 pm - London, Canada
Hi Sharri!

It is never too early to get an angel!  What you will want to do is to find a person that you feel that you may have connected with on the boards.....or someone that you feel that you could go to for advice and support.  I know when I was looking for my angel I asked someone who had the same surgery type as myself, had been incredibly successful with their own surgery, seemed like they knew a lot about the surgery and the processes surrounding it (diet, etc), and someone that came out faithfully on the board and participated!

Karen M was an absolute godsend for me.  She soothed some fears....answered good and stupid questions both before and after surgery...she checked up on me while I was in the hospital and afterwards....she made herself available to me and still does!

So yes!  Find yourself an angel!  We are alll here to care and support but an angel can help offer you more one on one support!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Sharri63
on 5/13/11 10:13 pm - St. Thomas, Canada
 Thanks so Karlalala for the reply.  Your kind words were very informative!!  Guess I'll have to start looking very soon as I hope to have my surgery in the next few months.  Have any suggestions?  Maybe I'll just post what I'm looking for and see if anyone replies?  Do you think thats a good idea?  Thanks again.  Take care.       Sharri 
Karen M.
on 5/13/11 10:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Here is a list of people who have offered to be angels to others:

Name & location Name & location
Chantelle, Scarborough Shamelessbandster, Brampton
Jennie M., Ottawa Sheri139, Ottawa
Stephanie L., Belleville Merly6800, (Marilynn) Uxbridge
Karlalala, London Joyce J., Scarborough
Starone, Oshawa Karen M., Mississauga
Katie L., Guelph PMcBride, Windham Centre
Leigh-Ann, Caledon Cheri H., Brampton
fourbanot Mr. Incredible, Hamilton
Stonelady (Marni), Oakville Kristen D., Kingston
Jodzgal1979, Thamesford Ashleighsmom
ericaFG, Cambridge Cheryl D., Toronto 
Andrea_Alexis, Sault Ste. Marie balou, Toronto
kittywhite, Guelph Scorer14, Peterborough
Karen M. #2, Ottawa Miss Belody, Keswick
BubblyD, Windsor mmoran, Sudbury
Nadine M., Ottawa Leanne1, Beaverton
nofries4you, Kingston samtq, Ottawa
highlandbear, Hamilton Sharon D., Guelph
flyingwoman, Toronto Marny B., Mississauga
jdance, Waterloo Anabela, Toronto
tjcyrus16, Ottawa  Becca S. , Windsor 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 5/13/11 11:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Very sweet words, my friend.  My fav phone call was from your car asking if you should drink the SB cold coffee you just bought because you weren't sure if it was sugar-free.  "Throw it out!" LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karlalala
on 5/13/11 11:01 pm - London, Canada
This is EXACTLY why Karen M is amazing!  LOL!

You can choose someone from the list of available angels and ask them or you could post that you are looking for one and I am sure that there will be people who will offer!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics