Empty????

mollyandboo
on 5/22/11 10:20 am - Canada
Been on optifast over a week now,  other than first bbq yesterday,, I am in control..lol
At first, I was running to the bathroom every few hrs..I guess I jinxed myself, I haven't gone in a few days..is this normal?
not bloated or anything..but have headaches

Lil-Stinker
on 5/22/11 10:24 am
I'm on day 5 and i find that i am not going to the bathroom as nicely as I had before - so i guess i have the cork lol
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
debralight
on 5/22/11 10:30 am - Canada
 I was desperate to have a poop by the end of optifast .. It goes one way or the other cork or trots. So yeah its normal.  Sucks, but its normal.... Not sure which is better or worse .. however the cork is easier  on the TP supply.....as you go through less. Regardless this is not the time to economize on the cheap stuff..
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Karen T.
on 5/22/11 12:20 pm - Canada
I have been on it now for 3 weeks and I am all over the place.  First loose then stopped up.  I just keep saying to myself it is all part of this adventure.  Some people talk about being constipated after the surgery.  UUUGGGG
I also have had headaches. 
All well 1 more week to go. 

Megan M.
on 5/22/11 12:29 pm - Canada
So this makes me wonder -  do they give you anything the few days before surgery to cleanse the intestines since they're going to be cutting into them?  Seems to me that being plugged up would be a bad thing for surgery.  I'm thinking along the lines of the cleanse you do before a colonoscopy.  Or are the clear fluids for 2 days before enough to clean you out?
Monica M.
on 5/22/11 12:50 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
likely that's why you have the clear fluids.
the part of the intestine they're working on is the upper part. They'll be clean enough from having nothing by mouth for 12 hrs before surgery. THe lower part of the intestines is where all the.. um.. stuff is.

Megan M.
on 5/22/11 12:57 pm - Canada
Thanks.  That makes sense.
mollyandboo
on 5/22/11 1:50 pm - Canada
I am really not sure.. nut have been drinking benefibre.. still nothing,,not even gas

Moselle
on 5/22/11 1:08 pm - Athens, Canada
If you are having trouble with constipation while on Optifast I would suggest that you try Benefibre or something along those lines. Benefibre has a sf drink mix almost like crystal light in a strawberry lemonaid flavour that you just add to water and it worked well for me both while on Optifast and after surgery.

Good luck to everyone for their upcoming surgery dates.
Karen T.
on 5/22/11 1:23 pm - Canada
My surgeon said nothing about clear fluids 2 days before surgery????   Just nothing after midnight the day before. 

Most Active
Recent Topics