BNP Blood Test Results

northernlight
on 5/27/11 1:26 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Just a quick update on the BNP blood test that my cardiologist wanted me to do. If you recall, he said that if my BNP levels were too high, I would not be able to go ahead with the RNY surgery. A few people here on the forum have send me private messages asking about my results (thank you so much for your concern - it's much appreciated) and I'm happy to report that my BNP levels are low - my cardiologist said that I show no signs of congestive heart failure and he gave me the green light to have my surgery!!! Needless to say, I am thrilled with that news! I'm seeing my family doctor this afternoon because of a really painful rash under my panni (I know- TMI-sorry) & I need something to clear it up, and I'm hoping to get the results of my recent Upper GI. Hopefully that will be good, too.  Just wanted to say thanks for your good wishes on my BNP test & I just had to share my good news! 

Deb

KristieA
on 5/27/11 1:29 am - Orillia, Canada
Great news.

From what I have heard the more you can have the rashes documented the greater chance of getting OHIP coverage for plastics.

Keep up the great work.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

northernlight
on 5/27/11 3:21 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Yes, I read that on here too, Kristie, so I am going to make sure that my doctor makes a note of it in my file. I'm sure that I will have a lot of them as summer is just starting and I get them a lot, especially under my panni & breasts - yuck!

Deb

debralight
on 5/27/11 1:34 am - Canada

try some cannestan creme on it while you wait for the doc's apt - it might give you some relief.  And yes get it documented :)

Its likely a yeast infection (i get them under my "girls").

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

northernlight
on 5/27/11 3:24 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Debra - yep, I'm sure that my doctor will prescribe something for the rash but I'm going to order some Canestan cream from well.ca to make sure that I have it on hand. A lot of people here on the forum have recommended it & well.ca offers free shipping & they're really fast! Thanks for the suggestion!

Deb

OKNEE FE + 3
on 5/30/11 12:24 pm
might I suggest you inquire at you local pharmacy for its generic substitute "clotrimazole"  it can be as inexpensive as half the price

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

northernlight
on 5/30/11 12:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for that suggestion - I didn't know that there was a less expensive substitute. I'm all about saving money wherever I can, Leona!  I'll definitely check into that as I think it's going to be a long, hot summer......

Deb

Elisabeth G.
on 5/27/11 1:35 am - Windsor, Canada
 Great news

northernlight
on 5/27/11 3:27 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Elisabeth & thank you so much for emailing me the other day to ask if I'd heard anything!!!!

Deb

Quinns_mommy
on 5/27/11 2:30 am
Oh Deb I am so happy things went well! You must be thrilled!!! Keep us posted please, this is such great news!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Most Active
Recent Topics