Meditrim -

WGHol
on 6/6/11 1:55 am - Beamsville, Canada
Hi all
I've booked my first consult with Dr. Cobourn out of SWLC.  I was wondering about Meditrim, the liquid I need to fast before surgery.  I know a lot of people are sort of grossed out by it, any hints on how to make it more palatable.
Also, did anyone find a better pricing source than the $200.00 + that is being charged??

I'm so nervous ......
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 1:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
You can only buy Meditrim through Minogue Medical so you will not find a better price.  Meditrim and Optifast and almost identical except Meditrim is made with splenda instead of aspartame.  There are tons of ideas on the recipe forum.  You can find the link in my siggy line.
PatXYZ
on 6/6/11 3:49 am
Do you know if people in other regions have the option of doing meditrim instead of optifast? I'm in Toronto and am very sensitive to aspartame and am wondering if this might be an option for me before surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 3:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Hi Pat,

I was a self pay band and we used to use Optifast and they switched to Meditrim because so many were sensitive to aspartame.  You could ask your local surgery centre if they would allow it since it's almost the same nutritional values.  I've done both and they taste almost the same to me. The only place that I know of that you can order it from is Minogue Medical in Montreal.  That is the same place we used to order our Optifast from as well years ago.  You could contact Minogue to find out if they would provide you with Meditrim instead of the Optifast if your surgeon okays it.  I know they need the surgeon's name when you place the order.

Here is a link to their online store and they reply very quickly via email or you could call their toll free number to find out.

www.minogue-med.com/web/index.php

Your surgeon may want you to use something else but at least it's worth a shot to find out if they could supply you if approved by your surgeon.
PatXYZ
on 6/6/11 6:20 am
Thanks so much!
Most Active
Recent Topics