Birthday Pictures Sure Open Your Eyes.......

Crackintoes
on 6/7/11 1:55 pm - Canada
Happy Birthday Deb!

You're soooo right. We totally get it. I went to Vegas just before my surgery and very uncharacteristrically volunteered for a number of shots. I also took some before pictures the night before I started Optifast which I've posted on my profile. I shuddered when I saw them. I was truly shocked. I believe that if I actually saw myself as others saw me, I might not be able to get myself out of the house for the shame.

Hope you had a beautiful day and cling to the fact that you'll never be this big again.
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

northernlight
on 6/7/11 2:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the nice birthday wishes and for knowing just what I meant by my words! What you said is true - we might feel so self-conscious about our weight that, if we did see ourselves as we really look, we probably would hide inside the house. How sad is that, when you think about it? We let ourselves feel less worthwhile than thin people - what a shame!

Ah well, yes, I really did have a beautiful day and the messages from all of you definitely helped make it special so thank you all for your words of support and encouragement!

Deb

Pat-60
on 6/7/11 2:05 pm
Hope you had a great birthday and soon you will have a second one to celebrate! 

I understand what you are saying, the pictures don't lie!  In my mind I'm not fat, just slowing down because I'm getting older.  Then I see a picture and it hits home.  They say the camera adds 10 pounds, mine adds 100. Just look forward to all the great changes coming your way and then you will be able to look back at all the old pictures and feel proud of how far you have come. 

We're not getting older just better and better :)
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
northernlight
on 6/7/11 2:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Pat! Oh you are so right! We must have the same camera 'cause I swear that mine adds 100 pounds as well - LOL!  I am really looking forward to all the changes! You're right - we are getting better!

Thanks so much for the birthday greetings - I really did have a great day!

Deb

tricia lynch
on 6/7/11 3:32 pm - thorold, Canada
I so understand i have a 2 and 1 year old children that i was never suppose to have.. all my life i was told no children.. with fertility i conceived my firt son second son did not even try nor took anythng yet you will not see that many photos of us because i delete most of them just because i cry and feel horrible seeing me and i think what a disappointment i will bring my children when they get older :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU 
northernlight
on 6/8/11 2:18 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I know what you mean Tricia, but your little boys will want to see pictures of you - they don't care what size you are - to them, you're just "mom". Believe me when I tell you that they will not be disappointed in you just because you're overweight - they love you just the way you are! This is what my daughter told me - she wants to have lots of pics to look back on after I'm long gone and also for my grandson to see. You've been blessed with 2 kids - what a miracle that is already!

Deb

JJ_
on 6/7/11 6:55 pm
Happy Birthday Deb (belated)

I do thank God for the invention of digital cameras.  Remember how you used to take a roll of film in for developing.  There was no "deleting" the pic like now.  No, Photoshop fixes.

Best wishes for the new "you" to "develop" :)
northernlight
on 6/8/11 2:20 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the birthday wishes, JJ!  I agree - digital cameras are fantastic - I love to see how well a shot turned out right away. No waiting until it comes back from developing to find that all the pics are blurry!

Deb

pumpkin57
on 6/7/11 8:13 pm - GUELPH, Canada
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Deb, just think you can use the pics next year for your before pics....hope you had a good day...take care.
DEB

northernlight
on 6/8/11 2:24 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Deb - yes, I had a great birthday! You're right - these pics that I'm taking now will really become my "before" pics - LOL!

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics