Birthday Pictures Sure Open Your Eyes.......

northernlight
on 6/7/11 8:51 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Today's my birthday and I'm having a pretty good day, even though it's super hot & humid outside!!!!  Just waiting for my husband to get home from work to celebrate.   We had my main birthday celebration with the whole family on Sunday and, as always, looking at the photos which were taken makes me feel so awful and sad.   I hate the way I look in every picture - how is it that I know that I'm really overweight, but I don't really "see" myself until I see photos.  Pictures sure don't lie!!! I just want to hide somewhere when I see how terrible  I look and realize that that is how other people see me.  I'm telling myself that next year it will be different - once I have my RNY, then I will be a smaller, more "normal" sized woman. Who knows, maybe I'll look at pics of me at next year's birthday celebration and actually like the way I look!!!! Wow, what a thought! Anyways, I guess that I'm just feeling bad about the way I look right now and I just came here to vent because you are the only people *****ally, truly know what I'm feeling!!!! Thanks for being here.......

Deb

happypants
on 6/7/11 9:04 am - Ottawa, Canada

HAPPY    BIRTHDAY   DEB !!! 

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

northernlight
on 6/7/11 11:48 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ann!

Deb

jhpby
on 6/7/11 9:06 am - Oshawa, Canada
Hey Deb,

I can completely sympathize with you about the pictures. I too feel like i'm not that bad and then when I see a picture I become completely down and delete the picture off the camera so no one else can see it. I get very embarrased!
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

northernlight
on 6/7/11 11:50 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh my gosh, I do the same thing! I delete them so no-one else can see them either! Next year will be better for us!

Deb

Megan M.
on 6/7/11 9:15 am - Canada
I hear you, but remember, this is the last birthday that you'll have that size!  You have everything to look forward to.
northernlight
on 6/7/11 11:52 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
You're right Megan, and that's just what I'm reminding myself of. It's like being reborn!

Deb

Eileen C.
on 6/7/11 9:16 am - Cornwall, Canada
First of all Deb

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y !!!!    

Hope you have a great day!!  

Now I understand exactly how you feel, we all do, now a year and half out from my surgery I actually enjoy having my pic taken. Surprise Surprise LOL

It will come that one day you too will enjoy getting your pic taken, remember to hide away at least one before pic to compare, I know, you really don't want to compare, but after surgery you will.

I really don't remember myself in my before pics, but that was me LOL, some day soon you will feel the same way.

Hope you have a great day and keep your chin up, you will do great with your weight loss surgery.

And again,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!     sending you warm hugs  

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
northernlight
on 6/7/11 11:57 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes, Eileen - I love all the graphics!  Only someone who's been here can truly understand.  My daughter has been making me keep pictures of myself so that I have a lot of "before" pics to compare my "new" body to and I'm setting aside a pair of "fat" jeans & shorts, in case I forget just how big I really was - LOL! I can't imagine ever forgetting that ! I really did have a good birthday - that was just a speed bump on my road today....

Deb

StevesGal
on 6/7/11 9:19 am - Hamilton, Canada
Happy Birthday, Deb!!

I, too, am one of those who 'forgets' how big they really are until something hits home - a picture, a chair, clothes.  The problem is (IMO) is that we don't see ourselves directly often enough, unlike others who see us all the time.  It's like when you get a new hair style or colour, you forget what you look like until you see yourself in the mirror.  It's called Body Dismorphia, but it's more common in slender people who think they're fat (anorexics suffer from this).  But like you, next summer will be different for me!  Here we go!!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics