Might be the stupidest question ever...But!!!

Sharri63
on 6/17/11 3:35 am - St. Thomas, Canada
 Sorry to even ask this question BUT I need help!!   I start Optifast on Monday and I needed to know...Do I quit taking my vitamins?  I'm assuming I can still take any meds that I'm on??  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks so much.      Sharri   
Joy D.
on 6/17/11 3:39 am - Hamilton, Canada
 take ur meds like you always hae unless ur bariactric teame has told you different, also if  you are not sure then call ur team's nurse.

all the best in ur journey,

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Sharri63
on 6/17/11 3:46 am - St. Thomas, Canada
 Hi Joy...Thanks so much for the response!  I did call the Windsor Bariatric office and talked to Lela (the new nurse) and she says to go ahead and take my meds and my vitamins.  I just wasn't sure if anyone would get back to me today...I understand they are sooooo busy there but sometimes it takes a couple of days before they return calls.  So...Thanks so much Joy for your words of wisdom.   Take care.         Sharri   
debralight
on 6/17/11 4:19 am - Canada
ur?
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Joy D.
on 6/17/11 4:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
  not even going there with ya

* rolls eyes*
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

debralight
on 6/17/11 4:51 am - Canada
I wanted to make sure I understood your post and did not recognize that word. Not sure why that would warrant an eye roll.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

sueberman
on 6/17/11 3:40 am
I still took my vitamins and meds.  Have you talked to the doctors about your meds after surgery? 
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Sharri63
on 6/17/11 3:49 am - St. Thomas, Canada
 Hi Sue...Thanks so much for your reply!  I did call the Bariatric office in Windosr but I know how busy they are and sometimes don't call back for a few days and I needed an answer today.  They too agree with the advice you've given me.  Yes I have talked to my doctor about my meds after surgery and she hopes that I'll be off everything MAYBE even my Thyroid meds.  I've got my fingers crossed.  Thanks again for your advice.  Much appreciated.   Take care.     Sharri   
sueberman
on 6/17/11 4:03 am
I'm  off 3 BP meds, and only take pain meds now when I need them and 1 asthma inhaler.  The surgery has changed so much for me I think I'm always smiling now lol.

Good Luck
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

northernlight
on 6/17/11 8:19 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Boy, I sure love hearing things like this! Looking forward to hopefully eliminating a few of my many pills.......

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics