Anybody eating meat?

Radiogirl39
on 6/22/11 12:28 am - Canada
Reading bout a lot of people not eating meat again. Just curious how many of you can/can't tolerate  meat post surgery and if you can, when you were able to go back to it. Thanks

And yes, I am still stressing about all I will be giving up.  Maybe I will be less concerned bout these things once I meet the surgeon or the NUT.
Karen M.
on 6/22/11 12:30 am - Mississauga, Canada
Absolutely - it's my protein staple!  Check out the "what are you eating/doing today" thread and see what people are eating post-op.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sueberman
on 6/22/11 12:37 am, edited 6/22/11 12:38 am
I eat chicken alot, I have trouble digesting beef but I do eat it, I've always had this problem, not just from surgery.  I finally tried pork again and no problem.  I'd get too bored with the diet if I couldn't eat meat.  You just have to give up a lot for a little while then you can slowing add most foods back, with moderation.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Radiogirl39
on 6/22/11 1:31 am - Canada
I would think pork would be harder, it's less moist.  Guess I'll find out what works for me.
sueberman
on 6/22/11 1:47 am
That's why i hadn't tried it - it was pork tenderloin and quite juicy actually.  Or maybe I'm just a good cook? lol
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Radiogirl39
on 6/22/11 1:23 am - Canada
Good idea Karen, thanks.
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/22/11 12:45 am - Windsor, Canada
I can eat anything and everything. Never have had any issues with any foods to be honest.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Radiogirl39
on 6/22/11 1:30 am - Canada
Phew!  I can't wait to be on the other side of all this uncertainty and unknown.
ericaFG
on 6/22/11 12:49 am - Cambridge, Canada
Personally - I think many people who post "I can't tolerate meat" really mean "I can't stuff a wad of meat down my throat without chewing the way I used to!".

Not to be mean here - but many people give up on meat too easily.  OR greatly under-estimate the size of the hunk of meat they are trying to eat.  OR misunderstand the feeling they get when eating meat (that feeling is the feeling of FULL - and it's a good thing!  Unlike the feeling when you eat crackers - which is just a "satisfied" feeling..and it goes away fast!).  OR people eat too fast/don't chew enough.  Meat is fiberous, and needs to be SMALL and well chewed to go through a stoma for an Rny patient.

Meat is a staple of my diet.  In fact - for over a year, it was pretty much all I ate.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Radiogirl39
on 6/22/11 1:27 am - Canada
Lol! Ok, good to know thanks. I have a pretty big "meat tooth" so hoping I have the same experience.  I have no problem eating mostly meat. I actually can't tolerate leafy greens and have a terrible time with them even tho I love a leafy green salad. My LL has a massive garden in my backyard and I get veggies left at my door all summer long.  Pretty sure I'm going to have to give up lettuce and rapini post WLS since it is too much fibre for me now.
Most Active
Recent Topics