going out for dinner tomorrow.. help me review the menu!

runjoeyrun16
on 7/7/11 9:43 am

so, before i go out for dinner at any new place, i always review the menu online and pick out what i'm gonna order! tomorrow, my friends and i are going to this sushi place. i'm not very familiar with a lot of japenese food, so i was wondering if y'all could review the menu and give me some suggestions as to what would be appropriate for me to eat there?
thanks so much! xox

http://www.urbanspoon.com/u/menu/1424254?p=0

August 20th, 2009 - Referral for WLS from family doctor
May 17th, 2010 - Orientation at Windsor Hospital
May 26th, 2010 - Appointment with nurse and SW
June 1st, 2010 - Appointment with NUT and doctor
August 31st, 2010 - Follow up with SW, NUT and doctor
October 7th, 2010 - Surgical Education Class
November 2nd, 2010 - Consultation with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong
December 21st, 2010 - SURGERY DAY!
jellybeanz1978
on 7/7/11 11:12 am, edited 7/7/11 11:13 am - Canada
 tempura is deep fried.

any type of roll has some sort of rice in it... i like japanese, but i dont eat much of it since my surgery because it doesnt sit well.  my suggestion with you being so new out, make sure you sit near the washroom in case you dump!!!  i ate miso soup, and tempura veggies.. yes they are deep fried but it was just about the only thing i could get down.  rice still doesnt sit well with me. spare ribs would be ok if you tollerate meat at this point.  but you arent going to be eating very much so it's a big waste of money in my mind to go out for all you can eat, so i usually order a meal and bring it home

HW/ 260 W/220 C/W 128 Goal: 120 

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 11:25 am - Canada
I LOVE Japanese food. I looked at the menu and I'd stick with the meat skewers and grilled fish from the Appetizers section. The skewers are just skewered, marinated and grilled meat/fish - no rice
runjoeyrun16
on 7/7/11 12:14 pm
thanks for the suggestions.
my thoughts were: edamame, chicken skewers, salmon sashimi.
i'm definitely going for the social aspect of the evening, not the food, so i'm not overly concerned. i just wanted to nibble at something small.
August 20th, 2009 - Referral for WLS from family doctor
May 17th, 2010 - Orientation at Windsor Hospital
May 26th, 2010 - Appointment with nurse and SW
June 1st, 2010 - Appointment with NUT and doctor
August 31st, 2010 - Follow up with SW, NUT and doctor
October 7th, 2010 - Surgical Education Class
November 2nd, 2010 - Consultation with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong
December 21st, 2010 - SURGERY DAY!
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 12:19 pm - Canada
Enjoy the evening. Just because you've had surgery doesn't mean you can't enjoy eating out. I'm going out on Sunday for my brother's birthday. I'm on Opti but can have green veggies so I decided on a salad - no dressing. It's more about being part of the celebration than eating. Never thought I'd say that!!
Most Active
Recent Topics