Question about referrals to Ottawa

Coolmitchgirl
on 7/11/11 9:35 am - Addison, Canada
So last week I was really upset that my soca office referred me to the wmc at Ottawa. I called wmc and they said I had been referred to them and not for bariatric surgery. But I have noticed a few ladies on here in there tickers say referred to wmc then put on the registry. So was this the old way they did it before the online registry?? The lady in Ottawa said the register for surgery the referral HAD to be done online?? Thanks in advance for your help!!
Leslie W.
on 7/11/11 9:54 am - Cobourg, Canada
I am going through Toronto Western but my understanding is that all referrals have to go through the bariatric registry first..

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
C. McMillan
on 7/11/11 10:10 am - Ottawa, Canada
 When referred to the clinic you usually see one of the dr's(Internist) they talk to you and then they can make the referral for surgery.  Just an extra step.  Sometimes GP's don't know the differnce between referring you for surgery and referring you to the clinic and there is a definite difference.

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

JJ_
on 7/11/11 11:52 am
Here is the website, if you care to do some reading:

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca/

Good luck,

Judy
wannabeonehotmama
on 7/12/11 9:45 am - Ontario , Canada
One of my friends was just recently referred through the registry, and received a phone call, and package in the mail within 3 weeks - she has already been scheduled for her Orientation, which is in 2 weeks from now.....is something going on with Ottawa??  They seem to be notorious for having the longest wait time, but this seems exceedingly fast!! 

She mentioned this to the person who phoned her, and was told it was a result of the recent massive increase in funding from OHIP. 

Here's hoping this is true for all you folks in Eastern Ontario!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics