So optifast tomorrow......

linda11665
on 7/26/11 2:53 am - Ottawa, Canada
So, please understand I am beyond frustrated right now.....So last week end I decided that I was going to have my last supper supposedly......That went okay....

So I had two sample protein shakes at home and decided that I was going to start on Monday and by Wednesday when I am suppose to start my Opti I will be on my way.....Right.....Wrong.....I am doing great with the protein shake in the morning, taking all my vitamins, and drinking my eight bottles of water a day....Come lunch time and supper time I eat a very little amount of food....So here is where I cannot seem to understand...I am angry and I mean angry....If I don't control myself I can chew somebody out!!!

This gets me even more angry....I want this operation....I am ready....So what is the deal with the anger?????????My therapist is saying that I am angry at myself for getting this way overweight and my body is mourning the food.....Is this true???Did anybody else feel this way????

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Nathalie_Can
on 7/26/11 3:23 am, edited 7/26/11 3:23 am
awwww therapists...lol....Do "you" feel angry at yourself? Are "you" morning foods? I know you are probably pissed but try and calm yourself, very hard I know...lol...and then answer those questions....Do you have diabetes? when I was in denial of my diabetes, so basically always out of control, I was ready to rip someone's head off, very grr angry! I haven't done that since I have controlled it. I think, if not confusing you with someone else, I saw you write once that you have it. So I am just curious to see if you have it and maybe changing your diet from foods to liquids can lower it that its trigering it. As I was shopping at GNC yesterday, I learned something new..they had an amazing 70% off sale so I went and bought my first protein bucket and the guy was asking me what was I looking for and told him as long as its good for diabetics and he pointed at a different container saying well, don't take this, even though it has NO sugar, it contains sucralose (sp) or sucrose (sp) lmao and he says that this is not good cuz it gives you a sugar reaction and brings your sugar levels up......I'm not explaining it right and just ended up babbling but I think whoever reads will understand.......lmao

Breathe my friend, breathe...lol...(that probably pissed you more...lmao)
Jokes aside, I know the feeling and hated it!

Hope it helps
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

linda11665
on 7/26/11 3:29 am - Ottawa, Canada
No I am not diabetic.....I think its somebody else....I think I am angry at myself for being where I am and at mourning food.......

I am breathing.....I think it's the only thing keeping me sane....lol

Thanks
Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Karen M.
on 7/26/11 3:41 am - Mississauga, Canada
Linda, I can completely relate to what you're talking about.  Anytime I have EVER been on a diet, I have been angry and irritable, to the point of being downright pissy.  I was hungry and felt resentment of the fact that I "couldn't eat".  I was even mad at others that they "could" eat. lol

Funny thing is, I have NEVER felt this way since WL surgery, no matter what stage I was on, be it all liquids or otherwise.  I think knowing that a) I can't/couldn't eat the same way and b) I was losing a ton of weight and being successful, really helped.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sueberman
on 7/26/11 3:43 am
holy crap Karen, reading that made me realize I'm a whole lot calmer now.  I don't get angry as fast or often as I used to.  Imagine that.  
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 3:45 am - Canada
I think anger is very normal. We're angry that we've gotten to this point and we now can't turn to food for comfort. With Opti there's no opportunity to stuff those feelings down with food. They're right out in the open.

I had a similar reaction but I noticed I became very passive aggressive. I wouldn't out and out get angry at someone at home, I'd just stop doing things around the house - no cleaning up after anyone, no grocery shopping, etc...
Moselle
on 7/26/11 4:21 am - Athens, Canada
All the best with your upcoming surgery date tomorrow, Simona.  I wish you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.  Take care.
linda11665
on 7/26/11 3:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thank you ladies......I know I want this surgery.....I guess I am just angry at myself...To let myself get to this point.....But I know it will work out in the end....I am looking forward to the skinny stage....And I know all of this will be worth it in the end....

Again, Thank you
Linda

P.S.  I am just breathing.....

Moselle
on 7/26/11 4:18 am - Athens, Canada
Just keep thinking about one shake at a time and take it one day at a time.  This phase is relatively short in the whole scheme of things.  I wish you great success on your journey.

Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Typoqueen
on 7/26/11 5:17 am
HI Linda,

In my first week of Opti I remember feeling so Up and Down. I was short tempered with my kids  and frustrated at time. But I know by the second week it got better, I guess my body got over it and my head too.  Good Luck!!

Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics