Internist appt at St Joe's in Hamilton?

Kiley39
on 8/10/11 7:04 am - Port Colborne, Canada
I have my internist appt tomorrow morning at St Joes.  What can i expect and is a surgeon meeting the next step?
1st referal sent  April 15, 2010  ( it was lost)                 Internist August 11, 2011
2nd referal sent October 24, 2010                               Surgeon meeting Aug18, 2011
info session at St. Joes in Hamilton March 21, 2011   Surgery class Sept 1, 2011
Nurse, dietician, SW appointments June 22, 2011      Pre op October 5,2011
Scope July 15, 2011                                                   Surgery October 12, 2011

trudylam
on 8/10/11 8:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
When I met with the internist she took my medical history so it was probably the longest appointment.  She goes into a lot of detail about your medical past.  She looks at all the tests that you have had so far and will probably put you on a vitamin D pill for the next 6-8 weeks.  I don't know if they do that for everyone but it seems pretty common.  The next step is the surgeon so hopefully you'll get that appointment soon.  Good luck to you. :)
JennR
on 8/10/11 10:10 am
I had my internist appointment yesterday and it was actually the quickest appointment I've had but then I don't have much in the way of a medical history. She ran through my blood work very quickly, prescribed me some vitamin D and iron, checked my BP, listened to my heart and lungs and asked a few questions. I asked about my gastroscopy and that was about it. Make sure you go back and talk to Krista afterwards. If the internist says you are cleared for surgery tell Krista and ask if she can book you in for the surgeon. That's what I did and I have my surgeon's appt on the 23rd. Make sure you get there a little early. I would hope they've got the elevators fixed by now but 2 of the 3 elevators were not working and the stairs are locked. It took about 15 minutes to get to the 4th floor!

PaulaToronto
on 8/10/11 12:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
I was surprised how superficial the internist appointment was for me.  There was something up with my endoscope but she wouldn't tell me what.  What's up with that? She couldn't answer any of my questions everything was - you have to ask the surgeon! I was kind of disappointed. I thought it would make me feel more secure about the risks of surgery.  It didn't. Hope your appointment goes well.  As long as all of your other appointments are done, the surgeon is the next appointment.
Kiley39
on 8/10/11 1:06 pm - Port Colborne, Canada
The elevators being out is not good news for me as i rely on a wheelchair for distances.  But thanks Jenn for letting me know.  I was told to go to the bariatric clinic for the appointment.  Are they going to have me going all over the hospital or will the appt take place right there?
1st referal sent  April 15, 2010  ( it was lost)                 Internist August 11, 2011
2nd referal sent October 24, 2010                               Surgeon meeting Aug18, 2011
info session at St. Joes in Hamilton March 21, 2011   Surgery class Sept 1, 2011
Scope July 15, 2011                                                   Surgery October 12, 2011

JennR
on 8/10/11 11:02 pm
Oh no, you'll be right there in the clinic so no worries. hopefully the elevators will be working by now. There always seems to be one not functioning when I've been in the last couple of months and to have 2 out of 3 not working in a very, very busy part of the hospital is not good.

Kiley39
on 8/11/11 9:48 am - Port Colborne, Canada
Thanks for the info Jenn.  the elevators are still broke but i got lucky and got an appointment with Dr Hong on the 18.  Starting to feel like this thing might actually happen:)

Most Active
Recent Topics