Greek yoghurt

Radiogirl39
on 8/20/11 2:48 pm - Canada
How the heck are you guys eating this stuff?!  The only way I think I can eat plain greek yoghurt is with lots of garlic and shredded cucumber in it slathered on grilled meat, lol!  Looks like a lot of people are using it as a way to get protein in early on, so what are you eating it with? 

Julie

look_out_world
on 8/20/11 4:20 pm - Canada
 Adding some splenda and cinnamon is good, or you could stir a bit of suger free jam into it...or pureed fruit.  LOL  I love that emoticon you used cause it really does depict how it tastes.  

Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 12:19 am - Canada

Lol, that's how I felt trying to gag it back. If it is so much work to make it edible, why eat it at all?

Julie

suzyq0052
on 8/20/11 8:38 pm
I take 1/2 cup plain non fat greek yogurt (I prefer President's Choice brand, but its tangy) and I add one individual serving size container of SOURCE brand flavored fat free sugar free yogurt.. I prefer blackberry, or peach, or blueberry (blue containers), or the lemon meringue dessert flavor (purple container) and mix the individual serving container into the plain greek yogurt, then I use 1/2 cup of  the mixture as a serving size.. YUMMMMM
you can use any of the SOURCE fat free, sugar free yogurt flavors and mix it into the greek yogurt for a tasty treat.

I have also mixed crystal light powder into plain fat free greek yogurt... and also have used sugar free WYLER's lemonade single serving size(purchased in USA) to make lemon flavored treat!..

I have also flavored plain fat free greek yogurt with Davinci brand Irish Creme flavor sugar free syrup and then partly froze the mixture til it resembled soft icecream.. yummmm

go ahead and experiment.. there are a lot of great combos you can create if you are willing to experiment.
suzyq0052

Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 12:22 am - Canada
OOoooOOOoooOOo I like the gelato idea!  Thanks Suzy.

Julie

nofries4you
on 8/20/11 9:15 pm - Canada
I eat mine in the morning with granola....this is my breakfast a lot of mornings......

yesterday I mixed a wee bit of ranch salad dressing mix(powdered) and some PC Tzatziki salad dressing......then dipped cucumbers in it later
Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 12:24 am - Canada

Ok, maybe the granola.  I could prob do that. I enjoy granola but have a hard time finding one that isn't loaded with fat.  As for the rest of it, why not just eat the tzatziki?

Julie

MS Miller
on 8/20/11 10:32 pm - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

I am pre surgery but loooove greek yogurt, I don't have a sweet tooth so I love the tangy and creamy texture. always hated diet yougurt due to the gelatin in them ( not good if your a vegetarian).
I make a great dip with it, I use a package of low sodim taco mix and it makes a great dip with vegies or chips for your non diet friends, I always get cudos on it and after I tell them its yogurt they are blown away.

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 12:28 am - Canada
I had no idea there was gelatin in yoghurt!  The dip I will prob try, thanks.

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/11 10:38 pm - Canada
I used to eat it pre-surgery daily (the PC fruit ones) but now....have no desire to eat yogurt of any kind! I have a variety of yogurts in my fridge that I'm not eating.

Greek yogurt is a good protein source but I'm not doing what I used to do when I tried to lose weight in the past - eat things I don't like! There's other sources of protein out there that I enjoy and I'll eat those.
Most Active
Recent Topics