Crystal Light

Rachel O.
on 8/20/11 2:56 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
OK so I thought I was doing great with not drinking soda or having my daily Ice Cap...oh how I love those things. I started drinking crystal light. NEVER did I think of checking for caffeine in them. So for the hell of is I checked to see what east one contains. Well it turns out that even though I was not getting the caffeine from  soda and stuff I was getting it from the crystal light I have been drinking.  Crystal Light singles... Tea Blends.   Oh well lesson learned. I guess it's time now to go get some decaf tea bags and make my own.
TBIYTC
on 8/20/11 3:05 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Thanks for the info - I would have never thought to look!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

MS Miller
on 8/20/11 10:26 pm - Nepean, Canada
How much caffein is there in them? I asked the dietician about the tea one from crystal light and she said there was so little it did not matter, so weird.
The crystal light tea is part of what's in my RNY manual from Ottawa.
Well I will be buying decaf instant tea and making my own I guess.

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
alland
on 8/20/11 10:48 pm - Woodstock, Canada
 Jesus Christ, 

a little caffeine every once in a while is not going to kill you! no need to freak out over the tea...

you just need to make sure you dont have multiple cups of coffee/caffeine a day, every day, as we are more suseptible to getting ulcers, post op.

you dont need to cut your caffeine intake completely. just keep it limited.

Rachel O.
on 8/20/11 11:13 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
The one I have has 11.25 mg per 12 oz.  So it's not bad but still has it.

As for freaking out, I was not freaking out just thought I would pass on the info. Besides with Hamilton you have to have NO caffeine for 2 months before surgery and 3 months after.
Nathalie_Can
on 8/21/11 12:22 am
Hey RLDO, can I ask you where you see that?  I have both boxes, pitcher pack and singles pack, and neither show caffeine content on the boxes!!  It was a surprise to me when I read your post!  And like others said, it was okay'd by NUT

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Radiogirl39
on 8/21/11 12:43 am - Canada
Wow, never thought of it!  My sister decaffeinated a few yrs ago and started drinking a lot of water.  She recently started drinking Crystal Light and finds herself chugging them. I think we have an explanation....lol.

Julie

Effie42
on 8/21/11 1:24 am - Brooklin, Canada
Tea is tea. Unless it says decaf of the box it'll have caffeine. It has always been said that tea has more caffeine than coffee.
Karen M.
on 8/21/11 1:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
Ounce per ounce, tea does have more caffeine than coffee.  But 1 oz of coffee makes way less than 1 oz of tea. (aprox. 2 cups of coffee compared to approx. 20 cups of tea).

Don't mind me - nutrition nut. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

StevesGal
on 8/21/11 4:24 am - Hamilton, Canada
So, I see you're adding "nutrition" to the front of that now, huh. 

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics