I missed the call!!!

Radiogirl39
on 8/26/11 10:49 am - Canada
Aaarrgghhhh! I'm on night shift and my phone always seems to ring the most on night shift so I turned all my ringers off.  Dr Sohi's office called to book my November surgery!  And tomorrow is Saturday, so I will have to wait until Monday to find out when my surgery is. Hopefully they didn't reach enough people to book up the month.

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 10:53 am - Guelph, Canada
 oooo thats so frustrating!!!
Cheryl D.
on 8/26/11 11:17 am - Toronto, Canada
Don't worry Julie.  I'm sure they will hold your place for a few more days yet till they exhaust every means of contacting you.  They'll try again Monday no doubt.  Don't stress over the weekend it will be FINE!!

Cheryl :)

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Radiogirl39
on 8/27/11 7:48 am - Canada
Thanks Cheryl, I've calmed down since then.  But it's like waiting for Christmas morning, lol! 

Julie

P.S. - I hear we have an OH member in common.  It's a small big-girl world

StevesGal
on 8/26/11 1:39 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I'm surprized they just didn't say the date and have you call back to confirm.  They have to know how agonizing it is to get a message like that!

And don't worry ... if they've called you, they've already set your date.  They wouldn't give away your spot without making all attempts to contact you.  They understand that people don't always answer their phones.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Radiogirl39
on 8/27/11 7:51 am - Canada
Phew! Thanks Beth!  I didn't think that they have already set the date and are just calling me with it.  Although, since I requested November, they may be waiting to talk to me before they book.  Guess I'll find out Monday, woo!

Julie

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 8/28/11 4:21 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Hi Julie
I saw Dr Sohi on Friday and my surgery was booked for Nov. 16th so you should still be good to get in for November even if they weren't calling with the date already chosen. Good luck.
Cherry
Radiogirl39
on 8/29/11 7:13 am - Canada

Well, I called and left a message on Saturday.  A girl called me back today but said she didn't know what day the other receptionist was holding for me and she would have her call me back today.  So I turned the ringer up on my phone and went to sleep and NO CALL!  So I'm gonna leave another message and hope all the Nov dates aren't gone when they finally get back to me.

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 8/29/11 7:45 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It would be interestibng to keep in touch since we are likely going to have surgery around the same time with Dr Sohi and we are also very close in starting weight. I am 5'3"/267lbs and have yet to set a goal weight. Dr Sohi did not discuss this with me at all. How about you? I have gotten a couple responses from people with websites that can give you an idea of what different height/weight combinations look like because I am struggling to remember what 120, 130 or 140 look like! I haven't been below 150 since junior high!
Hope you get your answer soon :)
Cherry
Radiogirl39
on 8/29/11 9:04 am - Canada
Ya, I'm finding this process a little short in the information category. It seems like I have to go thru 3 people to find the right person to ask the questions, but even then they can't always answer them.  And not much info is offered beyond the basics.  I would be happy between 150-170 and will be trying not to put too much pressure on myself.  If I get down lower than that, bonus!

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics