A Little Panicked

Roxy7699
on 8/29/11 3:00 pm
So, I had my consultation with the Surgeon late last week (got to meet my angel Nancy...that was wonderful  She was as amazing in person as she was all these months on the website).

I was reading through the booklet they provided about the post surgery diet the first few weeks after surgery . I am really worried that I am going to struggle after surgery. Many of the foods that they list are foods that I don't like. Milk and yogourt make me nauseaus as does oatmeal. I tend to dislike "mushy" foods. I beleive it is a texture thing. The only items on the lists that I liked were sugar free popsicles, chicken/beef broth, fruit juice.

I am really worried that I am going to be hungry and miserable and not sucessfull or cause myself complications as a result of malnutrition. Does anyone have any suggestions? Foods that they ate? Can I just choose the items I like and make sure I drink the protein shakes?

I am really freaking out here.

~Roxanne
JJ_
on 8/29/11 4:40 pm
Did you not cover this with the nutritionist?  I know when I met with her, one of the things she was looking for was the range of foods you eat, and if you are a picky eater and whether you would be able to get the nutrition required post surgery.

I am sure others will chime in.  Congrats on meeting the surgeon.

Judy
Monica M.
on 8/29/11 9:18 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah. mushy foods are not the most fun. This is something you need to talk with the nutritionist/dietitian about.

one question you might want to ask yourself. Are you going to let this stand in your way? you need to find a way around it. It's only a short stage, in the great scheme of things.

sam1am
on 8/30/11 2:18 am
Keep in mind that the mushy stage is a really short period of time in the big picture.  I would say that at least temporarily a protein shake will suffice if you don't think you can get anything else down.  Eventually you will be eating pretty normally, just much less and you WILL be satisfied with less.

Good luck,

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics