I'm a Nut!

pinkjellybean
on 9/1/11 2:27 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
When I did the questionnaire for sleep apnea at TWH I only met 2/8 of the criteria but there was one that was questionable (excessive daytime sleepiness)....as I do shift work that keeps me at wor****il sometimes 12am and I get up every morning between 530 and 6am to take care of my kids....so I wasn't sure if it was related to lack of sleep or sleep apnea that I was feeling tired...the nurse and I agreed not to do the sleep apnea test but after talking with my husband about the sleepiness he feels I should get the sleep test done....probably out of his fears with anesthesia complications and such....so I contacted the nurse at TWH and she agreed that based on these concerns we could go ahead and do a sleep study just to be safe. 

I am such a nut bar!!  Heh....but I feel it will calm my anxiety and maybe I do have sleep apnea!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Brenda T.
on 9/1/11 3:00 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
it's easy test too, not hard to do, just a night away from your hubby.  The staff where I went were great and friendly, made it like a pj party, lol  And I don't have sleep apnea after all, so it was good to find out.  But I sleep so much better since I started meds for my ADD.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

PatXYZ
on 9/1/11 3:24 am
Good luck with your sleep study! It's not a big deal, but I did find it quite difficult to fall asleep with all the gunk and wires attached to me. I think it's because I'm a belly/side sleeper. There is a clinic at University ans Dundas that can usually get people in within a week or 10 days.
pinkjellybean
on 9/1/11 3:26 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I'm a belly side sleeper too!  I don't know if that helps but my husband is adament that I do not snore - can you still have sleep apnea even if you are not a snorer?

PatXYZ
on 9/1/11 6:02 am
IT's possible, but not likely. My doc downtown referred me himself and I heard from the clinic within 3 days and had my study done two weekends later, but they could have fit me in sooner.
steff1970
on 9/2/11 10:12 pm - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12
 Hello there...I just wanted to share with you that I do not snore and I have Apnea...I am on CPAP and it's helping alot...the problem with me isn't snoring it was holding  my breath or really shallow breathing...I hope that helps you all the best on your journey.

Stephanie

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

pinkjellybean
on 9/1/11 3:26 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
P.S - If you have been referred by TWH for a sleep study how long did it take for you to get in?

Brenda T.
on 9/1/11 3:56 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
not snoring is a great sign that you don't have it, but I guess there can be times where you can hold your breathe and they monitor that too.  You could ask to be put on a cancellation list if you are flexable.
Let us know how it goes.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

kattster
on 9/2/11 2:49 pm
hey there pinkjellybean,

just wondering when you got your appt's for the dietitian and psychologist, how long after your first set of appt's??
Most Active
Recent Topics