I wish I knew how Ottawa does it

aprilbennett1965
on 9/8/11 6:36 am - Canada
In terms of setting appointments, I really wish I knew how they select who goes when. It is so hard to judge when you might approximately be called because people's timelines are all over the map.  Also curious if anyone else had to do a follow up to the nut/behaviour class? I am just wondering as I don't see it mentioned in anyone else's timelines  and I haven't seen anyone else posting that they had to do this.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Sirene
on 9/8/11 6:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
I was supposed to do a follow up actually, but because my family doctor had a copy of the blood test results, he started me on B12 injections right away so by the time she called for my follow up, it had already been taken care of.
Did they tell you exactly what the follow up was for?

Jennifer  

Gwen Boldick
on 9/8/11 7:30 am - Canada
i had to follow up twice with nut/behaviour....than once they pass it .....than it went fast after that......
Linda G.
on 9/8/11 7:37 am - Canada
I was at the Toronto Western orientation last night and they explained that for that very reason they cannot estimate the timelines for anyone.  There are a number of reasons why someone would have repeat appts with any one on the team, ie, nurse, social worker, nut, etc.  She said that some have gone through in as little as 3 months and some may take over a year depending on the team results.  It's likely the same in Ottawa.
I hope this helps.
Linda G
Chickenboob
on 9/8/11 11:24 am - Rockland, Canada
I had a follow up appointment with the behaviourist, but it didn't change my timeline. There were a few things I personally wanted to work on. So I had a follow up appointment about a month later. My goals were to stop drinking pop, stop biting my nails, start journalling my food. I acheived all of those goals. In my initial orientation in February, they said that most of the people in the room would have their surgery within the year, and the timing was dependent on stabilizing pre-existing conditions, and if they needed other tests, such as a sleep study, upper GI, etc. The main problem is that there seems to be a bottleneck surrounding the first appointments, once those are over it moves faster, just don't set you heart on the timelines you are given. I was told in March that if I was willing to go to Humber, I would probably have my surgery by the end of June...It was the end of July, which wasn't so bad, but I was told if I stayed in Ottawa it would be several months longer...like December (hopefully not right after the holiday party, ha ha ha). So if I had stayed in Ottawa, I would like still be in pre-op mode.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Leslie W.
on 9/8/11 8:59 pm - Cobourg, Canada
I wouldn't worry if you have to repeat an appointment. They are working with you to make you a success. They want to ensure that you are on the right path.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
aprilbennett1965
on 9/10/11 2:32 am - Canada
Thank you everyone. I was just curious about the follow up because I hadn't seen anything posted about it from others.  I too had to work on cutting pop, and eating while watching tv. I go again on the 20th of this month for the follow up and I had my liver ultrasound yesterday. I know things will move along soon but well just the excitement of the change kinda makes the waiting seem oh so long lol
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Most Active
Recent Topics