Anxious waiting for the call

Lindsay M.
on 9/15/11 4:56 am - Canada
So i have finished all assessment appointments as of yesterday. I was told they would be meeting today to see if i should move on to meet the surgeon and i would hear back within a week or two! I am SO nervous. My phone is always beside me and i am freaking out. I keep thinking what if they don't approve me? What if something is wrong? The thing that ****** me off is my sleep doctors office is closed until sept. 21 and twh wont get those results til then so that means the decision will probably be delayed another week, and thats only if there is no sleep problems found. I am so nervous about that too! It was impossible to sleep properly at the sleep study with so many wires attached to you and the camera, and the 2 wires up my nose. It was so uncomfortable that i had to breath through my mouth. Okay i think im getting really anxious now considering surgery could most possibly be in the next 2 months. Ah! How to calm down?!

-
Referral sent to TWH- Feb 16,2011. Orientation July 12, 2011@ TWH  Nurse Practitioner- Aug 10

Sleep Study- Aug 17 Social Worker- Aug 19.  Nutrition Class- Aug 23   Psychologist-Sept 12   
            Nurtitionist- Sept 14    Surgeon Appt- October 18, 2011  Pre Op- November 3, 2011
                       Surgery
- November 16, 2011        Mollyandboo (Sherri)

Pre-Optifast Weight- 370  CW- 258.4 GW- 190

Monica M.
on 9/15/11 5:51 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
deeeeep breath...

it will happen. Just breathe. I know when i had my sleep study, the internist (dr glazer) did not want to do anything to delay your surgery. The appt to get a cpap machine can be made quickly and you can get your machine (if you need it) right then and there. Don't sweat that delaying things.

Brenda T.
on 9/15/11 8:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
waiting has got to be the hardest part. (me saying this from the start of the process)lol
Waiting has never been easy for me for anything, but this is huge.
Hang in there and let us know when you get the call.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Lynette1962
on 9/15/11 11:31 am - Whitby, Canada
 TWH is very quick in returning the calls after they review the files.  Sometimes as early as the next day after the team meets....

They may want the sleep study results but they will tell you that when they call.

The team is great in responding to e-mails - if you don't hear within a few days, you can always e-mail one of the team members and ask for an update. 

They completely understand how anxious we are about being approved.  Please don't think you are alone in feeling anxious - I couldn't sleep for days before they reviewed my file.  I meet with the surgeon tomorrow and I feel like a kid on christmas eve. 

This forum is a great support - keep us updated....

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Manda M.
on 9/15/11 12:52 pm, edited 9/15/11 12:52 am
I know Glenda (mypita58) and I got our call backs within 13 days from when our file was sent to TWH. I hope that helps!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Lindsay M.
on 9/15/11 2:52 pm - Canada
Ah! Thanks guys! I seriously do not know what i would do without the support of this forum.. I'd probably be very uneducated. lol:P

-
Referral sent to TWH- Feb 16,2011. Orientation July 12, 2011@ TWH  Nurse Practitioner- Aug 10

Sleep Study- Aug 17 Social Worker- Aug 19.  Nutrition Class- Aug 23   Psychologist-Sept 12   
            Nurtitionist- Sept 14    Surgeon Appt- October 18, 2011  Pre Op- November 3, 2011
                       Surgery
- November 16, 2011        Mollyandboo (Sherri)

Pre-Optifast Weight- 370  CW- 258.4 GW- 190

Eileen C.
on 9/15/11 9:30 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Lindsay

The time will fly, so hold on you are on for the ride of your life LOL 

Take care and good luck with your surgery date, shouldn't be too long now

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics