Anyone ordered products from this website?

northernlight
on 9/29/11 11:04 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I was reading the OH magazine & came across an ad for a company called Celebrate Vitamins & they have some pretty neat things. What caught my eye is a supplement called ENS. It's a drink that contains a high-potency multivitamin, 500 mg of Calcium Citrate, 25 mg of protein & 4 g of fibre. Okay, I'll confess - the flavour got to me - "Vanilla Cake Batter" - I mean, does that sound yummy? So, I just wondered if anyone has already tried this product? Have any of you ever ordered from this company?  Here's a link to the product:
https://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/other-supplements/ens /ens-multivitamin-calcium-protein-shake-vanilla-cake-batter- 7-count.html

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/29/11 11:20 am - Windsor, Canada
Send them an email. They are extremely generous with sending out free samples in the mail. Tell them you will be having surgery and tell them you'd like samples. They will send you a big packet with a ton of stuff.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

northernlight
on 9/29/11 12:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Good suggestion Dawn, I'll do that. I've gotten samples from other companies & it's a great way to try some of these products out. 

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/29/11 11:25 am - Windsor, Canada
This shake is higher in carbs than TWH recommends

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

northernlight
on 9/29/11 12:26 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Dawn, what does TWH recommend as a daily carb limit? Thanks.

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/29/11 9:12 pm - Windsor, Canada
It's on our site for our group. Go to the files or document section and it's there. If I've sent you the info from TWH it's also in the email under "protein". As well, they say to take your vitamins separately, not in a shake anyway.   But for the others, ask for samples anyway. They will send you lots.

Dawn

Monica M.
on 9/29/11 12:02 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
does the multivitamin have iron in it? Calcium and iron can't be taken together, so you'd need to take an extra iron supplement.

northernlight
on 9/29/11 12:22 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Mon - I checked the nutritional breakdown & it doesn't appear to contain Iron. I gues they did that because of us not being able to take both iron & calcium together.

Deb

Monica M.
on 9/29/11 12:31 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
hey Deb. its not just us that cant absorb them together. Iron and calcium bind to the same thing in your body, and calcium binds to that "thing" easier than iron, so your body takes the calcium and lets the iron go.

northernlight
on 9/29/11 1:14 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Now see - you taught me something here! I didn't realize that......thanks!

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics