How do I contact TWH for appointment booking?

northernlight
on 11/3/11 11:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Here's where I stand right now in my wait for surgery. I had a call from Susan, the nurse at the Windsor bariatric centre, 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. The surgeons at TWH were reviewing my file & wanted a letter from Medigas stating that I had tried many CPAP masks & was unable to get one to work w/o big air leaks.  I called & my Medigas tech said she would fax something to the clinic & they would fax it on to TWH. Well, I still haven't heard from TWH with an appt to come & meet the surgeon and I'm getting so frustrated as many of the folks in my surgical class in Sept have had their surgeries. I've been sick with a really bad respiratory infection for the past couple  of weeks, but the antibiotics are finally starting to work & I want to get moving on this.

From reading some of today's posts, it sounds as though I need to speak to "Sharon" at TWH - she seems to be the person who books the appointments to meet with the surgeons - does that sound right? Can anyone give me the phone # to contact her so that I can try to find out where I stand at this point? Also, is it true that the surgeons only meet once a week to review patient files? 

I'd appreciate any other suggestions anyone can share with me. I was so hoping to have my surgery before January as I'm nervous about driving 4 hours up the 401 when it's ice-covered and slippery & have to deal with white-out conditions - I was really hoping for a November surgery or early December.  Thanks!

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 12:24 pm - Toronto, Canada
 When I call the TWH bariatric clinic I call (416) 603-5801   ext. 6145.
northernlight
on 11/3/11 12:27 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Sandy! So that is the person who co-ordinates the appointments with the surgeons?

Deb

pinkjellybean
on 11/3/11 12:26 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
That's the right phone number that Sandy posted and YES they only review cases on Thursday mornings at TWH.  I just got my phone call today to meet the surgeon on November 18th so they did put out a few calls today I am assuming - although I dont know if that is an accurate statement as I did call to harass them this morning.  Heh.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

northernlight
on 11/3/11 12:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Melissa! Yep, I read your posts & I'm really glad to hear that they gave you your appointment fairly soon.  I guess that, in your case, harassment paid off, huh? LOL!

Deb

Tammy G.
on 11/3/11 8:06 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
From past experience I would use extension 2863 and not extension 6145.  I find that if I use the latter one I am leaving messages that don't generally get responded to, whereas when I use 2863 I normally get a human being to talk to.  Just my 2 cents.  Glad to hear things are moving along for you.

Tammy

Tammy 

northernlight
on 11/4/11 1:11 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks, Tammy, for the alternate number to contact them. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question!

Yes, I'm really hoping to speak to a person as opposed to leaving a message & waiting for a call back.  It's frustrating to be so close and see nothing happening....

Deb

00NewBeginnings00
on 11/4/11 11:04 am
RNY on 02/06/12
Let me know how you make out Deb, I am thinking of calling myself!!
Good luck!!
northernlight
on 11/4/11 11:19 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks NewBe - I will keep you posted on what happens next week!

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics