Heard from Dr. Gagner...

PatXYZ
on 11/8/11 6:21 am
As I thought he would, Dr. Gagner confirmed that if I am approved for DS by Dr. Hong on Nov 22nd, there will not be enough time for the paperwork to be processed and recieved by his office for surgery in December. BUT - he does anticipate further surgical dates in January and those are a possibility for me. So I may yet get my surgery in before I enter the buffer zone for my jaw surgery in March (some people have asked me why my jaw surgery has to be in March - it's because it has to be done within a certain window of my orthodontic treatment, there's only a couple of weeks leeway without it prolonging my overall treatment and costs. And it isn't cosmetic, it's correcting a malformation of my jaws and it is being paid for by OHIP).

So, I'm trying to see the up side of this that I'll get to enjoy my 5th wedding anniversary (Dec 29th) and New Year's Eve not in the hospital. I'm just going to really push to get in with Dr. Gagner sometime in January. One step at a time. Next up, gastroscopy, then meeting with Dr. Hong and then we take it from there...
Tanya T.
on 11/8/11 6:38 am, edited 11/7/11 6:39 pm
It's too bad thing didn't work out the way you wanted. Here's hoping that going forward they work out in your favor.

Tanya

Eileen C.
on 11/8/11 7:23 am - Cornwall, Canada
Aw sorry to hear

Good luck with your dates, and upcoming surgery dates,  maybe they will have a cancelation and be

able to get you in sooner

Take care

Eileen  
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
pinkjellybean
on 11/8/11 7:27 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Calm Blue Ocean Trish........this can and will work out for you!  I believe it! 

Things will continue progressing along for You just as they are supposed to be!  Enjoy some wine and Potatoes at Christmas!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

look_out_world
on 11/8/11 7:35 am - Canada
 Pat I'm so glad you're able to focus on the positives in this chaos!  Good luck on getting a Jan surg date.  Fingers crossed for you

PatXYZ
on 11/8/11 8:39 am
Thanks all!

I just found out today that it's looking like I may be locked out of my job come Januray 19th, so now I'm really hoping that I can go on medical leave for surgery sometime on or before January 18th so I can still get paid for a few weeks during the lockout! Trying to stay positive and not get overwhelmed.
Karen M.
on 11/8/11 9:42 am - Mississauga, Canada
Gah!  I heard that today on the news.  Stoopid Ford. SO glad I work for Hazel.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

pinkjellybean
on 11/8/11 11:13 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Yeah!  What Karen said...STOOPID FORD!  Heh.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

PatXYZ
on 11/8/11 11:27 am
Haha, yeah, Hazel is a hoot. That old bird is going to die in office, I'm sure!
Karen M.
on 11/8/11 11:33 am - Mississauga, Canada
Unfortuantely, we think so too.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics