Meeting the Surgeon tomorrow!! Freaking out a bit!!

deew1234
on 12/19/11 8:09 am - Stratford, Canada
Meeting the surgeon tomorrow for the first time to set surgery date and buy the super delicious shakes!! Freaking out "ALOT"!! Not really sure what to expect and hope he doesn't make me feel any worse about myself than I already do!! Dreading the scale!! Really hoping that I can enjoy Christmas and not have to start the shake diet until after x-mas is over!! :(
Leanne1
on 12/19/11 8:24 am - Newmarket, Canada
LOL! No need to freak out ;) You won't be starting your optifast just yet, in a few weeks probably. After you meet the surgeon, it will be 4 to 6 weeks later that you have your surgery (that's the general timeline)

Where is your surgery? Do you know who your surgeon is yet?

They will just go over everything with you and you'll sign the consent forms. Make sure if you have any questions, write them down so you don't forget to ask.
deew1234
on 12/19/11 10:33 am - Stratford, Canada
Guelph and Dr. Reed
Leslie W.
on 12/19/11 8:29 am - Cobourg, Canada
You have already made it. The surgeon is just the last step. They will go over the consents, answers any questions you have. I found that I was actually more relaxed as I had made it. Just think of all the time and stresses you went through to get to this point. Take a deep breath write down your questions to ask so you dont forget. Will keep a spot warm on the bench for you.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Brenda T.
on 12/19/11 8:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
All the best for you tomorrow, it's all exciting. Hang in there.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 12/19/11 9:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
No stressing out now. IT's a done deal, why would you think that he'd make you feel bad about yourself?

Just breathe. You'll likely have a choice of dates for your surgery, so you can ensure that you start optifast after xmas dinner.

aprilbennett1965
on 12/19/11 9:10 am - Canada
I remember feeling the same way. I was so worried he would say no to the surgery for whatever reason...I was just like let me sign the papers already lol. BUT as the others have said, I had and you will have NOTHING to worry about. It will go great!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Sher1ock
on 12/19/11 9:12 am - Canada
No matter what the timing of Optifast ends up being, try to keep in mind that it is completely possible to enjoy Christmas whether or not you are eating.   In fact, feeling the hope of a new beginning and the promise of a new life is what the season is really about, isn't it?

Don't worry about the scale - it will give you the mile post by which you will measure your journey in the months ahead.

Good luck tomorrow and Merry Christmas.

sillycat
on 12/19/11 9:47 am - Canada
It'll be fine. I was worried I was going to be told no for the surgery. I came in, sat down and the surgeon went over my file and had me get on the scale. I had lost some weight prior to meeting him. While losing weight I dropped below the BMI of 40. He brought this up and metioned I didn't qualify. I was screaming in my head "hold on, this is what this is all about, to get to a healthy weight". I also have hypertension. He reviewed my heighest weight and previous weight loss attempts and felt I was a good candidate. He gave me a booklet about the whole surgery and explained all the risks involved including percentages. He went over where the cuts were going to be and mentioned that the one on the left side would hurt the most as this is where most of the work is done. He was 100% right!!! He was very thorough and professional. I signed the consent form. I got a call 2 days latering giving me my surgery date. They were even flexible on the dates. My date was a month away so I started my Opti-fast 2 weeks after my appointment with the surgeon.

Hope this helps with what to expect. Sounds like you'll be able to enjoy your Christmas dinner. Good luck with your appointment. Let us know how it went.
Shiloh B.
on 12/19/11 12:38 pm - Kitchener, Canada
VSG on 03/22/12
I will be there tomorrow too. My appt with Dr. Reed is at 9:30.

I feel a little nervous, but I am also making a case to have the VSG.

You will be fine, he wont make you feel bad.   We wouldnt be going through this process if we weren't desperate for a healthier life.  You should feel very proud of yourself, you have taken all the right steps to get you here to the journey to your new self !

July 2nd, 2010 - Referral for WLS from family doctor, MARCH 22, 2012 - Surgery !

Most Active
Recent Topics