Passport question

happypants
on 12/21/11 10:34 pm - Ottawa, Canada
If it were me I would wait till after your surgery to update your passport. Lets just say your surgery is in February and you travel in July, although everyone is different you can "probably" expect to lose anywhere between 60-75 lbs in that time frame.

I really want to emphasize that everyone is different, could be more could be less. I had my surgery July 22 and have lost 78lbs since then. I have had people I know just walk right past me because they didn't recognize me.

I have the advanced drivers license so  I can travel to the USA but plan to get a passport once I reach my goal weight. I am really looking forward to that day.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

ROSIESMILE
on 12/21/11 10:40 pm
I do know of someone who had issues with their drivers license photo...

Jennie M.
on 12/21/11 10:55 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I had to show additional id when travelling through the Ottawa airport 2 yrs post-op. I had to have my passport renewed immediately pre-op so I could get to Detroit for my surgery and worst of all, my 40th birthday was the same week as my surgery so my health card and drivers license are all at my peak weight. Gets a good laugh esp. when I get the raised eyebrow look. I'm stuck with them until 2014 - I asked about getting them redone but they all said I'd have to pay - nope. I can stand "the look" 'til then. Luckily my surgeon also gave me a health alert card that I show when I get the look and that seems to stop the questions.

Urban Poling Instructor, 5K runner & soon to be CanFit Pro Personal Trainer
HW339/Lowest Wt 175/CW210/GW175  Plastics done (TT & BR) 8/31/10

Karen M.
on 12/21/11 11:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Before I had my Health Card renewed I was asked if I had given someone else's card at a walk-in. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

_eeyore_
on 12/22/11 12:01 am - Cambridge, Canada
I go back and forth to the states quite often and have lost 143 pounds. The only time something has been said was in August when I was flying out of Toronto the border agent said 'youve lost a bit of weight huh" and asked if I had a drivers license and to see it and on my way i went.

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Gabygee
on 12/22/11 12:34 am - Canada
Nine months post-op, 12 clothing sizes down.
Flying to Cuba in three weeks.

I've had good friends look right past me, cuz I am unrecognizable to them.
So I went and had new passport photos done, and got my new passport 8 months earlier than necessary, just to avoid trouble.

(Don't want to be racist, but the American border guards can sometimes be downright obstructive without reason) ... better safe than sorry.