So after one day of optifast...

PatXYZ
on 2/21/12 11:36 am
I have to say I'm doing ok. I managed to have 3 optifast today and a big cup of broth and a litre of Crystal Light. I don't have a headache yet and am only slightly hungry. I've gotten a hint that I'm going to lean toward the optitrots rather than opticlog, but I anticipated that as aspartame and I don't get along. Nothing severe yet though and at this point I'm not panicking and contacting the Nut about the alternative we discussed (in the event the aspartame was too hard on my stomach).

I rate my desire to fling open the fridge and devour cheese strings at only a 3/10. I'm feeling optimistic, but am sure the worst is yet to come. This is going to be a busy and stressful week at work for me, but as of Friday I am home free. It might work for me rather than against me as the only time I don't feel hungry and actually forget to eat is when I am very busy and overworked. Just as long as I don't faint in court, it'll be all good!

I had planned to weigh myself this morning, but discovered that my scale was dead, tried changing the battery, but still nothing. It was the first time in years that I actually wanted to weigh myself and found that the damn thing wouldn't work!
Hanneli xoxo
on 2/21/12 11:44 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 Good luck! It will hopefully go by fast 

JJ_
on 2/21/12 12:19 pm
Day one is done!!  Congrats.

Are you not required to drink 2 litres of water or sf decaf drinks per day along with the Optifast?  It will help with any headaches due to dehydration plus help flush any toxins being released.

Good luck with the other days of Optifast.

Judy
PatXYZ
on 2/21/12 9:05 pm
I am. With the bits of water I had throughout the day as well, I'm sure I was well over 2L, I was just recalling anything with calories.
binaakwe
on 2/21/12 8:34 pm - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Scales are SO not our friend.  Ugh.  Best of luck on day two!

- bin.

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/21/12 8:37 pm
It's probably a good thing that the scale broke. You may want to save yourself the agony and weigh once a week.
Toni B.
on 2/21/12 8:47 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Isn't that the way it goes though... with the scale I mean. How ironic. 

Happy to hear that you are doing well so far. Your optimisim and positive attitude are your biggest strengths at this stage in the game...

Trish, I'm still so happy that You are getting your DS, and your surgery date is so close. You have been so helpful and supportive to so many others on this site, I am just so happy it is finally your turn!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

PatXYZ
on 2/22/12 6:55 am
Thanks so much Toni, to be totally truthful, I'm still kind of in disbelief that everything worked out for my DS. I don't think I'll really believe it until I wake up from surgery and they confirm that it's done!
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 9:10 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Good for you!! I hope when its my turn I am as positive like you are...Good luck on day 2 and  the rest of your OPTIjourney!!
sam1am
on 2/21/12 9:15 pm
Keep in mind, Pat, that many (including myself), started off with the Optitrots and ended up with Opticlog and that was all within 8 days!

Hang in there!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics