It's been awhile

ern1975
on 2/22/12 5:39 am - Brampton, Canada
Hello I'm still alive just had a rough few weeks. It turns out I had a stricture. After a short stay in the hospital they dilated me and now I'm soo happy and I feel so much better. My advice trust your instincts. I could have have saved myself weeks of hell if I went to Dr. Sohi sooner. For so long I thought it was my eating techniques or what I was eating but it got worse. On the positive side I feel great now!
Ernestine   

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/12 5:43 am - Toronto, Canada

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and great advice to trust our instincts and seek medical care when something seems wrong.  I'm curious, do you have any idea how far out RNYers can get strictures?  Is this something that can happen at any time or is their a certain window of time.  I"m 5 weeks out and so far, so good...but I"m wondering if there is a certain date that I"m in the clear and will definitely NOT develop a stricture after that point?

ern1975
on 2/22/12 6:16 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks for your support. Great question and I will ask Dr. Sohi at my follow up on March 7and let you know. II was told at the hospital strictures can show up around the six week mark. Which is when I started to have trouble eating. I left it too long when I went to the hospital I was vomiting everything even water. I also had pain swalloing no matter how well I chewed. I wouldn't worry it was so easy to fix I feel stupid for suffering for so long. You take care and I will be in touch.
Ernestine   

PatXYZ
on 2/22/12 7:08 am
I remember this being discussed once in the support group and I think we were told that they are very, very rare after 3 months, unless you have already had one and it recurs.
morena8162
on 2/22/12 7:57 am - Canada
Good to hear your feeling better..  - and thanks for the advice.. - I have not had the sugery yet.. but have an appt with the surgeon on March 2nd.. so hoping to get a date at that time.. - would love to hear more about your experience. - I am in Brampton as well...
Keep up the good work..  your at a great start!

Gee
Surgeon: March 02/12 Surgery: April 04/12
Looking forward to a brighter, healthier tomorrow ....  

sam1am
on 2/22/12 10:18 pm
Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics