had my info session already grr

on_my_way2011
on 2/22/12 7:33 pm - Canada
It could be different.  Humber has a general info session (probably like what you already attended) that just explains what the surgery is, the risks, etc.  Then you attend the gastric bypass class.  The class goes over post op nutrition, vitamins, etc. in great detail and the social worker talks about the psychological part of post op life.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

yssirhc
on 2/22/12 11:37 pm - Canada
Thank you :) i not do not feel so frustrated if im on my way in the right path and not doing a part over :)
Brenda T.
on 2/22/12 9:24 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
First off Welcome to the forum.
It could be the gastric bypass class....

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

pedlsanCAN
on 2/23/12 6:38 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 09/04/12
Hi Chris - sorry about your delays but things could be worse ... you could be transferred to GUELPH (That's where I am - 2 YEARS from referral to surgery!!) Seriously though, I just read your blog and that is such a drag about your doctor's delay too.  I love your mare and your profile picture.  I hope to be able to ride again someday - I'm much older than you (47) and haven't been on a horse in years ... even though there are three in the field!  Anyway - good luck to you.  Hopefully you will learn something new at this second session.  On thing I've noticed, the "rules" between cenres really vary greatly.  Cheers, Sandy

yssirhc
on 2/23/12 7:43 am - Canada
Hey Sandy, yes i was quite upset with my Dr but ah what can you do...i love my Mare (Phoebe-Simply Soft) and thank you about my profile picture, i live and breath horses there are so many things i would do if i was lighter. i often worry i wont be approved because there are so many people trying to get the surgery...i worry too much...also wonder because i don't have a journal that they will be uhhh lol. i read your story and your blogs id love to see pictures with your horses. hope we can keep in touch good luck in your journey

Most Active
Recent Topics