had my info session already grr

yssirhc
on 2/22/12 11:51 am - Canada
i was in ottawa and had my info session then was transfered to Toronto and now i have to go to a class? is it the same thing because im assuming it is but they tell me its not....how many appointments before the surgery usually?
Hannahmumma03
on 2/22/12 12:21 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
hi there the classes are info session, social worker, nurse practioner, nutrition class, psychologist, dietitian and then onto meeting the surgeon and everything involved in that! I have my dietitian/psychologist on march 12th in toronto at TWH. Is that where you are going? good luck! oh and the 2nd two appts listed were both on the same day as are the last 2 on the list.

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

yssirhc
on 2/22/12 12:26 pm - Canada
im going to humburg. im just a bit frustrated because i had already done the info session in ottawa. when was your info session how long before you get your next appointment? im closer to kingston so i have lots of driving to TO
cayleighsmom
on 2/22/12 9:46 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
i am in hte same situation.  Attended Ottawa in August, then transferred me to Humber.  My class is on Monday @ 1:00.  I'm wondering the same thing.  Is is their oreintation, or is it the Gastric bypass class? The lingo seams to change all the time.  I keep wondering if i should call them to get clarity, but i dont want to be a pain in the butt.  I did send an email, a week ago on Monday, but have not reiceived any reply yet.
When is your appoitment? perhaps our paths will cross.  I'm north of Kingston, by about 1 hour.
yssirhc
on 2/22/12 11:31 pm - Canada
My "class" is Tuesday at 1 so sadly we will not cross paths but maybe some time we will. I went in Sept and got a call in DEC to get the transfer i was a little hesitant when they said Toronto but after they said the short wait time i couldn't pass up the opportunity.
yssirhc
on 2/22/12 11:32 pm - Canada
cayleighsmom
on 2/23/12 12:00 am
RNY on 06/05/12
oh, that is too bad, cause my "class is Monday at 1, lol.  I'll post Monday night and give you a heads up about it..lol
yssirhc
on 2/23/12 12:18 am - Canada
Sounds good and yes its too bad that we are not on the same day....long drive to TO hope you have a safe trip and are as excited as i am to finally take the next step :)
JJ_
on 2/22/12 3:03 pm
I can hear your frustration.  There will probably some info. particularly about the RNY that will be the same.  The process and their expectations of you may be different. 

Humber River Regional Hospital definitely is faster than waiting in Ottawa.  Have fun on your journey.

Judy
yssirhc
on 2/22/12 11:35 pm - Canada
Thank You Judy :) I'm very excited for this journey 
Most Active
Recent Topics