NSV! but why can't I see it?

derkatmomma
on 2/24/12 11:37 am - Canada
I went to Pennington's yesterday with the kids and picked up 5 bras, a pair of jeans, a pair of slacks and 2 tops (1 for work and 1 for night out or in with hubby) for only $79.

As the kids were with me I didn't try on the clothes so just held them up to myself in front of mirror.  thought they were all too small and would have to lose to get in them... so long story short tried on at bedtime to see how far I would have go to get in them and they all fit!!!

Even now I hold up the pants and think no way is my butt and legs getting in there but I can put them on and wear them.  Am I totally crazy??

so far I have lost 40lbs all over so kinda look similar in shape just smaller in size. I went from 26/28 to 22/24

don't get me wrong i am not complaining, I will take what I can get.  I am just wondering when I am going to look in the mirror and not see the old me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Manda M.
on 2/24/12 12:22 pm
I am the same way. But what I have learned is that it takes a long time for your head to catch up!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

TBIYTC
on 2/24/12 12:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I am pre-op, so I can't answer your question.  However, I would like to say congratulations on your NSV!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

stewartjackie
on 2/24/12 12:47 pm - Pickering, Canada
I'm now just over 6 months out, and have lost 92 lbs, and finally when I look in the mirror, I know it is me, sometimes I used to think it was one of those fun mirrors only showing part of me, but I too now have a skinny butt!! and it is wonderful!

DonnaK12
on 2/24/12 1:44 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Congrats!  And you will see it soon

JJ_
on 2/24/12 5:03 pm
Congrats! 

You probably need to go try on clothes more often (i.e. without the kids), just for your mental image improvement.  Since you were not aware that size 22/24 would fit, this is your feedback.  You can do this all along your weight loss.

I too need to go shopping.  I hope I get as good a sale as you.  That is amazing for $79.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 6:45 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12

Congrats on such a wonderful NSV!!

Onward and
Downward

on 2/24/12 7:44 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Congratulations!

You are a brave woman, buying clothes without trying them on first!  I could never do that, because even if the clothing is in my size, I never know how it's going to look on me before trying it on.

Glad you got a good deal, since they're probably not going to fit for long. ;)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica M.
on 2/24/12 9:10 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes. totally. Once you get out of the "2s" and into an 18, you may be able to see the difference better then. totally normal.

Donnaslifepart2
on 2/24/12 10:16 pm - Canada
I bought lots of size L clothes before they fit so that I would have them when I needed them (I'm a  thrifter by nature) but now that L is fitting and in some cases getting too big I'm stuck.  I can't fathom what a size M looks like and I have never worn that size as an adult (maybe for a few months when I was 9!) ........ and forget about anything in a number size....

It's kinda thrilling and scarry to move into uncharted territory!

Most Active
Recent Topics