I cut my hair :(

derkatmomma
on 2/28/12 12:15 pm - Canada

Hi everyone,

Over the past 2 weeks have been noticing more and more hair in my bathtub drain and on my brush in the mornings. 

So rather than prolong the process and to lighten the drag (weight) of it.... to make a long hairstyle short i donated my hair to make a wig and now have a bob cut just below my chin. 

Takes a little getting used but i like it.... just hope not much more comes out or i will be needing a combover.

Rhonda

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 12:29 pm, edited 2/28/12 12:29 pm - Canada
That is great that you donated it

Just think of it as a freeing experience!
Monica M.
on 2/28/12 8:09 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome that you donated your hair!! someone will be very happy with your gorgeous long hair!

TBIYTC
on 2/28/12 8:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Way to go - turning a loss into a major plus in this world!!!!!  I'm sure the bob looks super-cute!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Smileyiam2
on 2/29/12 8:58 am - Canada
Good luck!!  And who was your surgeon?  Your hair will be care-free now
Marie

Karen M.
on 2/28/12 9:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Pictures or it didn't happen!  Just kidding. LOL

I think it's fabulous that you were able to donate your hair.  I did the same thing recently. AND I have pics, so it really happened. LOL!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 2/28/12 9:36 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous!!! look how thick and shiny your hair is!! That gives me hope. You're my hero!!!

Penny85
on 2/28/12 10:06 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I like the cute new hairdo!

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

Patti K.
on 2/28/12 10:36 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Rhonda...what a great thing for you to do!! I'm sure that whoever will be wearing "your" hair will love it!!  I've always been a short haired person...guess I always be...Patti K.

mom4life
on 2/29/12 2:03 am - Port Rowan, Canada
I cut mine off too part way into this journey.  I didn't realize until I saw it in pictures, that it was dead and lifeless looking, no shine whatsoever.  So although I have always been a long haired girl, I cut it all off and now sport the short angled bob you see in my avatar.  I am sooooo glad I did too.  It came back to life, has more bounce and helped my face not look as drawn.  I am used to it now, and love it!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics