Post op: needles for 7 days question

hjb
on 3/29/12 12:18 am
Hey guys,

I was given 2 of the needles in the hospital for the 2 days i was there, and today is day 5 of me taking them at home. so that's a total of 7 needles all together.

I still have 2 more leftover in my prescription but we are only supposed to take 7 in total, aren't we?

just wondering if i am still supposed to take those last 2 or not. maybe the prescription wasn't taking into account the fact that i had 2 in hospital.

anyone know? :)
ready_to_shed_it
on 3/29/12 12:23 am

Hi HJB,

I had a few needles in the hospital, and I had to give myself 8 when I got home! I know all programs are different but I think you have to use all 7.

Good Luck :)

Lisi

Monica M.
on 3/29/12 12:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you gots ta use what they gave ya!

Dianadcr
on 3/29/12 1:00 am - Canada
I was given two in the hospital and seven for home. Used them all. I think that's what they expected us to do at st joe's.
  Diana

Gabygee
on 3/29/12 3:59 am - Canada
Ja. Monica's right.
Ya gots to use what they gives ya.

it was a big hairy deal that I had to quit early because of my allergy.

PatXYZ
on 3/29/12 7:01 am
I was given 4 in hospital and still had to take all 7 when I got home.
hjb
on 3/29/12 8:10 am
ok it sounds like i should probably take em then. damn! lol. hate being a human pin cushion :P but only 2 more... not bad.
spitintheocean
on 3/29/12 10:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 02/13/12
Just out of curiosity, what are the needles for? I suspect that l'm not the only one who never received any.

SimplyMel
on 3/29/12 10:52 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/04/12
Hi
The needles they are talking about are blood thinners.
Toronto gives it to their patients but Ottawa patients do not get them. This is what I was told and my partner had the surgery in Toronto and was given the needles as well...8 of them...on top of the ones they gave in the hospital...
I am waiting for my surgery in Ottawa so I'm relieved I won't be getting these either...

Mel :)
Lorraine M.
on 3/29/12 12:25 pm - Canada
 I was given 8 needles to self inject at home. They were called Hepa ...(something?). The doctor told me that it is a precautionary measure to avoid blood clots post surgery. I am not very mobile as I have back issues and he felt this was best for me. I hated doing it as it bruised my stomach area like hell but was still grateful that I was avoiding this complication. All is well now! Just a dim memory, so make sure you do them all or call your clinic if in doubt.

Most Active
Recent Topics