What does "stuck" feel like?

Nathalie_Can
on 4/2/12 3:17 am
The discomfort I've been having since Friday after dinner is in my throat.  If I were to say where it is, bottom of my neck where the "hole" is.  No other pain!  I barely ate on Saturday and Sunday (300 cals maybe) even started to feel the discomfort after drinking.  I had a hot beverage twice to try and help but didn't work...lol...

So after not beeing able to really eat at lunch today, I called my surgeon's ofc in TO, she said to stay on fluids for 24hrs and if not better to go to the ER for a "Upper G Swallow".

But in the meantime, if I have something stuck, would I be sick? would it come back up?  I burp alot, like I'm not digesting something but I have no symptoms other then the discomfort and the pain when I try eat so I stop...lol

TIA, I appreciate your opinions,
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Marny B.
on 4/2/12 3:23 am - Canada
Yuck.  Poor you.  Sounds awful.  When I have had things "stuck", I usually just get tummy upset, and it all comes back up, eventually.  Not sure I have ever had anything that feels like it is stuck in my throat though. 

I have heard people say that they have tried "papaya enzyme" (available at Shopper's, I believe), to help bring things back up when they are stuck.  You take it (it's all natural), and it basically, it just makes you "yack".   haha  Might be worth a try at this point.  I have heard others swear by it. 

Good luck.  :)

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 4/2/12 3:25 am - Mississauga, Canada
Actually, I think the papaya enzyme helps to break down the stuck food so it can go down instead of up and out. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nathalie_Can
on 4/2/12 3:27 am
I prefer that, I don't want anything going up........lmao

Marny B.
on 4/2/12 3:28 am - Canada
Oh...that's much better.  Thanks for the correction.  :)

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Bonnie ABC
on 4/2/12 4:00 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 Stuck to me feels like a vice grip.   Around my rib cage.   I start to feel pain in my back, and it spreads around my front.  Usually cause by just cooked ground beef.
I used to throw up, not so much anymore.  I just wait it out.   Drinking warm water, lemon juice and meat tenderizer works wonders.  Even now at 3 1/2 years I still can get stuck. 

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Nathalie_Can
on 4/2/12 4:31 am
Weird you mention ground beef, that's all I eat, the Veggie Ground Beef and this weekend I did feel it in my middle-back and today a bit in front.....grrrr, so maybe it is stuck....lets hope broth will do the trick for dinner

Thanks
Nathalie

Adelle B.
on 4/2/12 12:22 pm - Petawawa, Canada
RNY on 02/08/12
I suffered from the food getting stuck and would get super sharp pains up the left side of my chest and into the colar bone, felt like a heart attack. I would also get a lot of heavy spit in my throat and most times had to cough it up and ended up coughing up a little food too. eventually it does get better, sometimes it still happens but I have to be very aware of chewing chewing chewing. I avoid all ground meats now, they are horrible for me.

good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics