So many questions??

Joyce J.
on 4/19/12 10:21 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be for encouragement, support and the odd kick in the butt you might need

Diabetes is different in everyone, I have seen some people come out of hospital with no meds and others still need something their whole life. I guess it is very individual

As for allergies, I have found no difference. I have always had allergies EVERY season LOL and they are still here almost 7 years after surgery

Take care
and don't worry about your user name LOL
True blond that I am it never occured to me that it meant anything other than part of your name LOL

Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

HaroldC
on 4/19/12 10:57 pm - Canada
Welcome to OH - I can only contribute to the diabetes questions.

I was taking a daily dose of insulin as well as Janumet and diamicrom (i know I am spelling these wrong) and still having trouble keeping my morning blood sugars below 7.

Within 2 weeks of surgery I was no longer on any medication and my sugars  are in the 4-6 range.

Feeling fantastic.

This was a key goal for my decision to have WLS and I am so thrilled at the results.

Hope this helps!
Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Brenda T.
on 4/20/12 12:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I can't answer your questions but wanted to say welcome!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

MFislandgirl
on 4/20/12 1:02 am - Canada
Thank you all SOoooo much for making be feel so welcomed!  Also thank you all for answering some of my questions too!  I am happy that I have a place to sure my thoughts, feelings and to ask questions.  BWT, I think it's a good thing that someone felt  free that they could share a cocern with my name.
No worries!
MooseFactoryGirl {JEN}  

WLS:Summer 2013. Orient:March 16, 2012. Psych:April 25, 2012. SW:April 25, 2012. Dietitian:April 26, 2012. Reg Nurse:April 26, 2012. Doc:April 26, 2012.    
Karen M.
on 4/20/12 2:09 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hi there,

Could you possibly make your font larger?  As an old lady, I'm having trouble reading the tiny text.  Or maybe it's just my computer.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

MFislandgirl
on 4/20/12 2:18 am - Canada
Sure I can.
MooseFactoryGirl {JEN}  

WLS:Summer 2013. Orient:March 16, 2012. Psych:April 25, 2012. SW:April 25, 2012. Dietitian:April 26, 2012. Reg Nurse:April 26, 2012. Doc:April 26, 2012.    
Laurie C.
on 4/20/12 5:41 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
yyyeeeaaaa!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics