NSV...funny

StaceyP_Kingston
on 4/20/12 5:00 am, edited 4/19/12 9:09 pm - Canada
I'm almost at the100 lbs lost mark and while the women at work have said
lots of nice comments none of the men have made a remark. However over
the last couple of days I've had three different ones look at me and ask if
I'm doing something different with my hair! When I say no changes to the hair
they look baffled and say I look different but really good and am I sure I haven't
changed anything?
I tempted to say yes I changed my ass...LOL. It's hilarous looking at them trying to
figure out what is different, but I'll take the compliment, I figure anytime a man
notices something different about you and compliments you, it's got to be some
sort of victory, so I'm calling it a NSV.
Thanks
StaceyP
HW: 320 lbs (May 2011) 
SW: 270 lbs (Dec 15 2011)
Current : 199 lbs (Jun 24 2012)

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/20/12 5:12 am
Darn tootin' it's a NSV!
Maybe they really have noticed you "changed your ass"   but can't say anything for fear of harassment at work! If they are fishing, commenting on your hair is a lot safer!

Toni B.
on 4/20/12 8:49 am, edited 4/19/12 8:51 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
I love this post! And, I completely know what you mean!

I work with predominantly men, and the majority of them are afraid to pay me a compliment... especially after the recent WDHP (Workplace Discrimination & Harassment Prevention) policies that were rolled out.. (it's a government office). **It should be noted, that I don't think there has been a single complaint filed in my office for more than 5 years...but anyway.

So, they have come up with interesting ways to comment on my weight loss... one actually said "I don't want to sound sexist, so please don't take this the wrong way, but you look really good!"

I laughed out loud... and said, "How could I possibly take that the wrong way? It's a compliment, and I thank you for it."

The irony here is, I am the first person they will tell a "dirty" joke to, but yet they are afraid to compliment me! Too Funny.

I just try and tell them I am working really hard and trying to be healthier, and then they say "Well, it's working!" and leave it at that.

So Congratulations Stacey on all of your hard work so far! Your 100lbs lost mark will be here before you know it!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Moselle
on 4/21/12 12:49 am - Athens, Canada
 It`s all the politically correctness that`s killing us!  Enjoy the compliments and keep up the good work. You are doing awesome.
StevesGal
on 4/22/12 3:28 am - Hamilton, Canada
I've had several men I work with do the same thing.  They don't want to 'offend' us by commenting on our weight (either that, or they honestly don't see what's different with us, they just sense that something is), so they assume it's our hair.  It's the safest comment, I guess.

But the women I work with will say, "Have you lost weight?", because they know either way, it's a compliment.  "Why, yes I have!"  or  "No, but thanks."

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

DarrenM
on 4/22/12 3:44 am - Kincardine, Canada
We cant/dont say anything to women/men at work that may cause them undue stress,but i do work with some awesome girls who you can actually talk to at work,we have more people,not just women off on stress from work related issues ,so its best to keep quiet!

Highest=420lb  pre opti=382lb pre-op=360                        
Most Active
Recent Topics