Dizzy on Day 5 of Optifast

350Ann180
on 4/24/12 10:35 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Well, the title pretty much says it all.  Feeling dizzy this evening - all 4 optifasts are in, trying to drink some fluid.

Anyone else have this issue?

Ann

sam1am
on 4/24/12 10:47 am
Hi Ann,

My standard answer for dizziness is dehydration or low blood pressure, but there are many, many other reasons for it.  Are you hydrated enough?  Optitrots if you have them, can do it to you, so make sure that you get plenty of extra liquid.  Also, I know that very quickly when I started losing weight, I had to go off of my high bp meds as it became too low. 

Just a couple of thoughts, hope you're feeling better soon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

350Ann180
on 4/24/12 11:04 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Thanks Sandy - I am hoping it is dehydration.  I do have the optitrots, but no blood pressure issues. 

Drinking.....

scorpioboy33
on 4/24/12 11:07 am
I'm on Day 5 and I feel it to buddy....I'm done opti :)...but now I go two days with just freaking liquids...I'm thinking of take one more opti fast mid date tomorrow just for sustinance
birdiegirl
on 4/24/12 8:02 pm

Whoaaa....DO NOT....repeat....DO NOT....have an optifast or any other non clear substance during your two days of clear liquids...

this is serious.....you are on clear liquids and then dynamite to clean your colon prior to surgery.....optifast is not a clear liquid

Drink apple juice if you feel weak....

scorpioboy33
on 4/24/12 8:06 pm
Hi Birdiegirl....ok got it....no opti for me just apple juice
birdiegirl
on 4/24/12 10:46 pm

Good.....thankfully I read all the posts in this thread....

Good luck with your surgery....new life ahead

ready_to_shed_it
on 4/24/12 11:32 am

Oh Ann, I am so happy for you that you finally have a surgery date!! I have been following your posts and have just not had any input for you since I am so early out. As for the dizzy feeling, I am sure it will pass. Just keep drinking and you will push through it.

Good Luck!

Lisi :)

350Ann180
on 4/24/12 12:36 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12

Thanks Lisi!

amarettogal
on 4/24/12 12:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
I am on day .. 8 and today has kicked my back end... I am so tired.. and lightheaded.... and inbetween shakes i drink drink drink drink water.....

I can not wait till this phase is over... the plus side loosing about a lb a day....

The future has not been set there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Most Active
Recent Topics