2 more appointments done!

kkcpgp
on 5/15/12 10:54 am - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12
I met with the SW and NUT today at HRRH.  They were wonderful.  I made sure I was well informed about the surgery and have been working really hard to make changes already so I went through them with a few wonderful suggestions and a lot of "well dones".  I have found so far that everyone I have met with or have spoken to to be wonderful.  Some of the posts on here had me a little worried about these two appointments but there was nothing to them.  If you are serious about the surgery you have nothing to worry about because everything they want you to do you will be working on already.  I have my appointment with the Nurse and Internist on May 28th and then I have to call to make my 2nd surgeons appointment.  I can not believe how quickly things are happening now.  I am so excited and happy and all I can do now is think about how hard I want to work to make sure this works for me.  I really love having this forum to come to even if its just to read a couple of posts of others.  
Quick question for anyone going through HRRH or other places is you have a similiar appointment as I know they are all different.  What is to be expected at the Nurse and Internist appointments?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care All.

Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/12 10:58 am - Toronto, ON
Hey
what sort of question did thru ask you. I'be been told a bunch of different things. since being referred ivy stopped drinking pop and i eat less and got rid of mist of my sugar intake. am i on the right track?
kkcpgp
on 5/15/12 11:06 am - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12
HI Tara,

They look at any progress and effort as a positive thing.  Stopping the pop and limiting your sugar intake it wonderful.

The SW - She will ask you things like:
Describe (not in medical terms) the surgery
Who are your supports
On a scale of 1-5 how ready are you for the surgery
Have you ever had any addictions
Have you ever had mental health issues

As long as you are honest things will be fine because it seems to as though you are working towards some of your goals already and are taking the surgery serious.

The NUT will go over your food diary with you (if you dont have this from your package you would have gotten make sure you call and ask for one to be mailed/emailed to you).  I was completely honest with mine and while it wasnt perfect she could tell that I was working hard to prepare myself for this life change.  She will again you again to describe the surgery.  She will ask you about the vitamins/supplements afterwards.  She will talk to you about how to change some things that you are having trouble with.  MINDLESS EATING I believe is what they call it.  Tips on how to change your routine to help break the MINDLESS EATING cycle.

Hope your appointments go well.  Good luck!

Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/12 1:25 pm - Toronto, ON
That's awesome info. thanks so much. I've actually bought the book that Dr. klien. one of the surgeons at HRRH wrote so I'm really ready fir thus. when do i get that package. after I've attended the orientation?
the44plan
on 5/15/12 12:32 pm - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Hi.  I was just at the Internist and NP last week and they are the easiest of the appointments.  The nurse was great and just went thru some questions regarding family history, took my wieght and waist measurements..  no big deal.  She did give me a requisition to get some blood work done. (12-14 vials)  I had the blood taken the same day.. expect that you will wait about 2-3 hours!  Yes, this was the worst of everything... just sitting there and waiting.  I wanted to get the blood work over with because I didnt want the extra trip (2.5 hrs drive for me).. 
The internist appointment was painless..  EKG, and blood presssure, more questions, etc,  I didnt have any reason for them to request additional testing (i.e. scopes, sleep test)..  The wait was a little long at this appointment...

Tammie
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Most Active
Recent Topics