Some advice on Hospital needed PLS

wants2Bfitagain
on 6/14/12 9:48 am
I am home from Orientation and it was good, they said I will get my next apts in the mail but of coarse I will call them next week as well.
One thing they did mention is that Windsor will referr you to which ever hospital you want out of
TWH
St.Joes
Guelph

So my question is which should I choose? Obviously the faster the better but anyone reccommed one over the other? And anyone have any insight on which one is moving faster along
Thanks for all the advice
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/14/12 10:16 am - Windsor, Canada
they are both SLOW.  They will get slower as the summer season comes and surgeons take off time for vacations.  Guelph is booking consults into July/August ...I'm guessing Toronto is still a wee faster.... But patience is a virtue

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Tammy G.
on 6/14/12 10:17 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 I would skip out on Guelph just because of the 2 year wait time alone....I went through TWH and did it in less than a year from referral to surgery, but the wait list gets longer everyday.  I have heard good things about St. Joes as well....just my opinion.  I was willing to travel to TWH so it worked really well for me.  Good Luck

Tammy 

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/14/12 12:59 pm - Windsor, Canada
 The two year wait time? Perhaps for their bariatric program but this person is going to Windsor for that. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

the44plan
on 6/14/12 11:40 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Guelph is a great hospital, but I would not choose them due to their longer wait times.
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

hockeymom17
on 6/14/12 1:21 pm
I too have heard that Guelph has quite the wait time. Im at St. Joes - 5month from start to surgery date.
PatXYZ
on 6/14/12 2:45 pm
Are you intending to have RNY as your WLS? If you re considering VSG or DS I definitely recommend St. Jo's Hamilton as they approve these other surgeries more readily. If you're set on RNY then the fastest right now is likely TWH.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
wants2Bfitagain
on 6/14/12 10:01 pm
Thanks for the advice, I am having RNY seems like TWH and St.Joes are similar in time and wont matter which one I choose. Guess I should be glad Windsor gives us an option
sugarcube
on 6/15/12 3:24 am - Canada
 I have a few friends going through St Joes and they seem to be moving along very quickly it's around 5 months. 
Most Active
Recent Topics