ds surgeon??

starry957
on 7/1/12 10:25 am
anyone know of DS surgeons in Ontario?  who and where are they?  how do you get referred specifically for DS - just curious...

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 10:27 am - Guelph, Canada
 talk to patxyz she just had it done
starry957
on 7/1/12 10:29 am
thanks...I have sent a msg to her recently but she hasn't responded yet - long weekend I guess?
PatXYZ where are you?????

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

PatXYZ
on 7/2/12 2:53 am
Hi Starry - sorry about the delay, I've had two different sets of out of town guests over the past 10 days and got behind on my personal messages. I'll get back to you later today. In a nutshell, you have to get to Dr. Hong at St. Joe's Hamilton, either by being assigned to St. Joe's and requesting him or by seeing a surgeon at your own centre and requesting a referral/transfer from that surgeon. You can't be referred specifically for that surgery as Dr. Hong is the only surgeon who performs it and therefore the only surgeon who can determine if it is appropriate for you. I'll write more later.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
JJ_
on 7/1/12 10:42 am
She had surgery with Dr. Hong in Hamilton I believe.
Lisa A.
on 7/1/12 10:58 am - Canada
DS on 09/21/12
Sent you a PM
Lisa
St.Joes Hamilton- Dr. Hong- Duodenal Switch (DS)
ref-Aug /11                       ultrasound-March/12            internist- April/12
info sess-Jan/12                soc worker-March/12             surgeon app. May/12
nurse & dietician-Feb/12     scope- March/12                 surgery- Sept 21/12
350Ann180
on 7/2/12 12:16 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Dr. Hong in Hamilton - he is doing mine...

Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics