hang on hang on

starry957
on 7/13/12 4:59 am
is VSG covered or not covered by OHIP???? I've thought all along that it was, but read a few things recently that got me confused??

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 5:05 am - Straford, Canada
 vsg may be covered under certain cir****tances.  rny is if you meet the criteria.  The criteria for vsg is more stringent.  This is is a convo you need to have with a surgeon. Don't be confused and don't go by hear say (like my post)!  Talk to your surgeon.  Ian
starry957
on 7/13/12 5:14 am
ok..thanks Ian....I wonder what the criteria is?  I know there is something about NSAIDS? arthritis, etc.....just not sure how specific they are about it...guess I'll wait and see..lol

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

JJ_
on 7/13/12 10:23 am
Not only for the reasons you mentionned....some folks have gotten a VSG because of other abdominal surgeries precluded having an RNY which requires re-routing of the intestines.

Good luck!

Judy
sam1am
on 7/14/12 2:02 am
 VSG seems to be covered more and more lately.  If you want it, fight for it!  I love mine.

Best wishes!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics