full fluids help

yssirhc
on 7/12/12 1:31 am - Canada
How bad would it be to go onto the next stage of the program few days early. i cant get even close to enough protein in and im starting to feel sluggish...some programs say move onto the next as soon as your body allowds some say stick to the program 14days
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
cayleighsmom
on 7/12/12 1:40 am
RNY on 06/05/12
hey Chris, have tried creamed soups?? i really enjoyed cream of mushroom and cream of chicken (low fat) made with skim milk.  That being said i did bend the rules a little.  i started in puree's a few days early as well.  i was have no diffiuclty with any other of the full fluids, so i gently eased into the next stage. One puree'd meal a day ect.

good luck,
barbie
yssirhc
on 7/12/12 1:46 am - Canada
thanks B im having the worst time with protein shakes so i might have to move on to Puree uhhh
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 1:45 am - Straford, Canada
 what Barbie said!  Go at your own pace, ease into the next stage, your pouch will let you know if you're going too fast imo! Regards, Ian  
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 1:50 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I'm going to disagree with the others that said go at your own pace.  You don't have true feelings back and you won't know if you are hurting anything or not.  Before moving on to pureed, contact your dietician and discuss it.  Move on only if he/she tells you to, otherwise wait the last few days. If you can't get drinks in, how do you expect to be able to get nutrition in even with pureed. 
Kerigan
on 7/12/12 2:09 am
 I agree with Tracey on this.. I'd stick with the program your center has set up. I know how extremely hard it is, but I stuck to it day for day, even though I saw other people moving through all the food stages within a matter of two weeks. I didn't want to take the chance of jumping forward too quickly and risking hurting myself; so I put my faith in what my center (HRRH) had set up because they do know what they are talking about and only want to make sure you suceed. I'd make the call to your dietician and go based on their advice.. you don't want to inadvertently make the wrong choices...

I do wish you the best of luck on your journey! And it does get easier!!
yssirhc
on 7/12/12 2:22 am - Canada
ok full fluids it is

Monica M.
on 7/12/12 3:33 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Consult with your program on this. Some centres have their people on clear fluids for 2 weeks. You just went through major surgery, of course you're going to be sluggish. Get lots of rest. Get lots of fluid. Get as much protein as you can, within the limitations set out by your program.

ShallowGirl
on 7/12/12 8:19 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I took an MVI with Iron although not specifically recommended. This perked me up.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics