Dr. Jackson and Dr. Hong

gaiamist
on 7/13/12 12:47 am - Windsor, Canada
I'm looking for feedback on Dr. Hong and referrals for the DS. I have my first surgeon's appt already set for Toronto with Dr. Jackson and I am planning to advocate for a referral to Dr. Hong for the DS. I'd appreciate anything you can tell me about both Dr. Jackson and Dr. Hong.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
Feralgirl
on 7/13/12 12:53 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
Dr. Dennis Hong?
I just had him, totally awesome! I had a weird bleed in my esophagus and he came in to fix it up (on his day off) really really fast!
His team is amazing too! :)

RNY Date - June 29th 2012

Gall Bladder out Jan 17 2013

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/13/12 12:53 am - Windsor, Canada
Did you talk to anyone at Windsor yet?

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

gaiamist
on 7/13/12 1:56 am - Windsor, Canada
Yep! Patxyz told me that she met with her surgeon at TWH and then discussed with him that she believed DS was the best surgery for her and that she wanted to be referred to Dr. Hong to discuss it and he agreed and signed the referral.
She also told me that the discussion with DR. Hong does not rule out any surgery, that he is very open-minded and will give me his honest opinion of which surgery he believes would be best for me. She advised that I arm myself with information and make my goeal to convince Dr. Jackson to refer me to Dr. Hong for a second opinion.
I think what I'm looking for now is an idea of how to approach both of them, and if others have had these discussions, especially if anyone was unsuccessful. If so what was the alternative offered.
I've also read a lot about the VSG but really conclude that the DS would be better for me.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
Most Active
Recent Topics