Twoterville Milestone

P_Floyd
on 8/4/12 6:43 am - Canada

Finally hit it and I feel really good about that. It's been 7 weeks and 3 days since my surgery and I have lost a total of 81 pounds. Though I have gained some muscle especially in my legs, I am still in a downward progression to my goal. 

Went shopping alone the other day for the first time in months. I must be a changed person because all the old wants and desires were not a factor at all. First thought was protein! heh heh As I am about to begin my regular diet, two things have become very important to me and first in mind when it comes to food. Portion control and nutrients. If you knew me before all this, you would have a questioning look on your face right now. :)

The pants I have been wearing don't fit anymore. My belt is on the last notch and I am wearing pants I put away a couple of years ago that I grew out of. This feels really good. Held off buying any new clothes until I have been doing a full workout in the gym for a while. Then it's new wardrobe time!

Plus, my guitar hangs nearly correctly in front of me now. I have to practice all my stuff to adjust to the new position of things. lol Standing up to play feels really good too, though I can't do that for more than a couple of songs yet. First rehearsal on Monday since before my surgery. This is going to be killer!

Thought I would share with all of you. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Vi-Vi
on 8/4/12 6:52 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Wow 81 in 7 weeks that's awesome! So many NSV's already!  Keep up the hard work!  You're an inspiration as I'm still pre-op.  
pedlsanCAN
on 8/4/12 7:01 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 09/04/12
FANTASTIC!  Play on ....!
Sandy

Janet13
on 8/4/12 7:11 am - Toronto, Canada
Great job...but don't buy too much you will have to shop again soon.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Tracey H.
on 8/4/12 7:46 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Woohoooo! Way to go! Feels amazing doesn't it!!!!!

Keep up the great work!

Tracey

Cindyloowho
on 8/4/12 7:57 am - London, Canada
 That's awesome good for you............keep going it will feel better and better...
Nathalie_Can
on 8/4/12 8:29 am
Omg, way the go you!
You must be on a high right now.  So happy for you!
Keep rocking...lol

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

JJ_
on 8/4/12 11:06 am
Wow, wonderful progress!  Congrats on Twoterville and all your NSVs.

Judy
ShallowGirl
on 8/4/12 11:44 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Awesome - and congrats on the calf muscles.

I was also warned not to buy too much stuff on the way down. I am getting the minimum to get by at Value Village for now.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

P_Floyd
on 8/4/12 1:49 pm - Canada

Sage advice about the wardrobe. :) It does feel really good and I am on sort of a high right now. Little things like getting from my car to the apartment without gasping means so much. Not being at the limit of seatbelts. Having room between me and the steering wheel. 

Thanks for the high fives guys, you folks are very cool! 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Most Active
Recent Topics