Approved for the DS at St. Joe's with Dr. Hong

BrendaMarie
on 9/4/12 1:29 pm - Canada
 Today I saw Dr. Hong at St. Joe's and he approved me to have the Duodenal Switch surgery. I am so excited. I was totally prepared but he just flipped through my file, asked me if I had researched it, discussed some of the risks of surgery and told me he would approve the DS no problem. I am walking on cloud nine. The only bummer is that the surgery won't be until the new year. Oh well, I am just so happy to be approved for the DS !!!!!! Doing the happy dance !!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/12 2:31 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Congrats!!! Happy for you!!
gaiamist
on 9/4/12 6:15 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Woot! Woot! You give me hope. I am trying to get my file from Toronto to him. At least it sounds like I have a good chance once I get to him. Would you mind telling me if your BMI is more than 42? It is a bummer that it will be an even longer wait. I have already been at this over 2 years. Anyway, it must feel great to know it's going to happen.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
BrendaMarie
on 9/5/12 4:25 am - Canada
 My BMI is 50. Good luck in your journey.
brockliebeans
on 9/4/12 6:32 pm
is the ds covered by the ontario gov?. cuz i thought they only paid for rny, and sleeve..? so was just curious about it. and st. joe's hospital where? in what city..
PatXYZ
on 9/4/12 8:28 pm
Dr. Hong at St. Joe's Hamilton performs the DS, he is the only surgeon in Ontario that performs it. If he approves you for DS, it is covered by OHIP.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
BrendaMarie
on 9/5/12 4:24 am - Canada
 Yes it is covered by OHIP. Dr Hong is the only doctor in Ontario doing it though. He works at St Joe's in Hamilton.
merly6800
on 9/4/12 6:39 pm - Canada
Congratulations!  I'm very happy so many people are being approved for the DS again.
sam1am
on 9/4/12 6:45 pm
Wonderful news, big congratz!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/12 7:24 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Yeaaaaaa!
Most Active
Recent Topics