getting better everyday....

gimpymom
on 9/6/12 6:15 pm
Had my RNY on Aug. 20, and went back to surgery Aug 22 with a perforation and a paralytic ileus. So 5 more days in hospital, and then home to recover along with a tube in my stomach for the next month…feeling stronger each day.. and have lost 25 lbs—so the end picture is what is keeping me going….last week was rough—but this week am feeling a bit more energy- but tire easily—all this said I am still happy to have had the surgery and am now ever so happy to start on the pureed phase of the diet!!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

sam1am
on 9/6/12 11:26 am
Sorry to hear you've had such a rough start!  Wishing you a speedy recovery from here on out! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/12 6:31 pm - Straford, Canada
 sending you positive vibes and wishes for good healing and great results!  Regards, Ian 
sasygal
on 9/6/12 7:09 pm - Canada
 Glad to see you are beginning to feel better.

Do rest as you need to and let your body heal.
cheeky_monkey
on 9/6/12 7:21 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada

Glad you are on the path to wellness!

Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

ShallowGirl
on 9/6/12 7:29 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Good to here you're feeling better and tube will be out soon.

Also, congratulations on reaching puree stage !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Susan B.
on 9/6/12 8:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery-if you are tired rest, if you have energy get up and about.  The surgery itself is hard on the body, never mind complications.  This is the time to be selfish and just do whatever you want-what your body wants.

Rest and enjoy recovery!!  Before you know it you will be running about in the newer better version of you

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 5:00 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
So happy to hear you are doing ok....hoping for a speedy recovery from here on out!!

Hoping to see you at the meeting next week...(if I can get my shift covered at work)
Monica M.
on 9/7/12 6:52 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Sending all sorts of positive energy!!!

I'm so glad that you're keeping a positive attitude, stuff happens sometimes, but you've had things taken care of, and you're going to end up rocking this!!!

gimpymom
on 9/7/12 7:05 am
thanks every one -- this forum has been such a help to me in this whole process .... I appreciate all your best wishes and I can certainly feel "the love"

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics