Heartburn vs gas pain

sexybeaches_1
on 9/18/12 2:31 pm - Canada
I am 5 days post op and can't figure out if I have heartburn or gas pains. Any suggestions.
I will call the clinic in the morning if it persists
Karen M.
on 9/18/12 2:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Where is the pain exactly?  Does it burn or just "hurt"?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ShallowGirl
on 9/18/12 2:53 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Or you could be having a heart attack.

I would take a PREVACID and some GAS X - walk around.

If there is no relief then go to ER.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Karen M.
on 9/18/12 2:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada
A heart attack?  My goodness... yes, true, but rather alarmist, no?  She didn't even tell us where or how bad the pain is!

Karen

mermaidz
on 9/18/12 4:57 pm - Brampton, Canada
On September 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM Pacific Time, Karen M. wrote:
A heart attack?  My goodness... yes, true, but rather alarmist, no?  She didn't even tell us where or how bad the pain is!
Sexybeaches :) Not to alarm you but here is some info you can  tuck away in the back of your mind. Hopefully by the time you read this you'll have had a big burp and be feeling totally better :O)

Women don't present the same way as men when they are having a heart attack. In fact they can present atypically.

There is also a "silent heart attack" in which there is no pain. Twice as many people die from this kind of heart attack as opposed to the other  where you do feel pain

Degree of pain does not determine whether someone is having a heart attack.  If one is having a heart attack, severity of pain does not indiciate the severity of the heart attack. Location also does not matter as it is not predictable in every case and can be different from person to person, male to female

This is fairly common knowledge to most people. Because of the relocation of our stomachs, it's difficult to tell whether a symptom is cardiac or gastric in nature.

Alarmist? yet another uncalled for comment. Just like chips being a food group.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Karen M.
on 9/19/12 3:56 am - Mississauga, Canada
*laughs*

It is so great to be monitored for my every word on this forum.

Bye now.

Karen

sexybeaches_1
on 9/18/12 5:38 pm - Canada
It is not really pain but discomfort/minimal burning . Gas for sure lots of burping but also heartburn I think. I walked the dog and feel somewhat better but still going to call clinic
mermaidz
on 9/19/12 5:48 am - Brampton, Canada
Excellent news Sexybeaches!

I guess some people think they are the centre of not only their worlds but everyone else's as  well

Buh bye now.. again lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics