I'm back

Laura H.
on 9/21/12 1:02 pm - Canada
 Boy it was a rough couple of days.  First one incision started bleeding badly and they called the doctor and my heart rate wouldn't go down.  They wouldn't let me out of bed until the next morning.  Then I wasn't peeing the way they wanted and my oxygen level was low.  And on top of that I had the room mate .......  Well she had dementia and non stop talking and yelling - 24 7.  Let's say I didn't get any sleep until I got home last night to my daughters.  Today I feel much better.  Getting my protein down and water down.  Still very, very tired but with not sleep for 2 nights I think I have a little catching up.

For others that have had the surgery, what did they tell you about showering?  I was told I could shower but I had to put a towel or blanket around my incisions not to get them wet.   I have not heard of that.  I thought it is better to sponge bath then go through that.

Thank you for your support and prayers.  I will let the healing begin.

Laura H.

Heidi S.
on 9/21/12 1:08 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Wow sorry you had to go through that but glad you;re out and getting things into you. I'm surprised you weren't in with another bariatrics patient. 
I was told I could shower after 48hrs and nothing about covering it while int he shower. I just tried not to get them to wet and dried them good when I got out. 
Hope you continue to move along well. 

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 1:43 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Try wrapping a piece of Saran wrap around your middle to keep you incision dry, in the shower.
Vi-Vi
on 9/21/12 1:59 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 I so happy you're feeling better Laura!  Hope you could get some sleep now!  
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 2:11 pm - Straford, Canada
 Have a grand sleep from now on!  You'll likely be tired for a tad but getting rest and protein are keys to healing, for sure!  All the best!  
MissGlitter
on 9/21/12 3:43 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 Laura, I think we had the same room mate.  She was an old Italian lady?  She also kept me awake the whole stay.  
Sooo glad you're home.  For some reason your texts did not get along with my phone.  I was getting a lot of jumbled symbols in between the letters.  I tried to report as best I could and I'm sorry you had such trouble.  Hopefully your home recovery will be much better.  
They told me to just pat dry the incisions after showering.  

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Laura H.
on 9/22/12 7:32 am - Canada
 New phone.  My daughter sent the first text and I sent the 2nd.  I think I was just so flustered with my roomrate that nothing went well.  I feel for her but man, you think they would try to pair people up better.  I am feeling 100% better now.  Thank you for being my angel.

Laura H.

mermaidz
on 9/21/12 5:05 pm - Brampton, Canada
Welcome home! 
I'm so sorry you had such a rough time of it in the hospital. You can shower like normal. The steri-strips over top of your incision will stay put til they are ready to come off.

Now go sleep til you feel almost better.

And again I'm so sorry you had such a rough time!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

CoffeeLady1975
on 9/21/12 6:36 pm - Canada
 Welcome back!  Gotta love crazy old ladies.  Hope you've enjoyed a shower by now, it is one of the best feelings after getting out, just remember to dry everything well.  And if you're having any pulling pain when lying down use a pillow or blanket to prop under or splint your tummy.

Welcome to the bench!  

sam1am
on 9/21/12 6:55 pm
 Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics