Need ideas for easy protein supplements

sexybeaches_1
on 9/22/12 9:22 am - Canada
Anyone that lives in Ottawa or travels to Civic hospital for surgery. Dr. Bishop on Carling Ave has a whole host of protein food. Protein juice like crystal light 15grams, soup mix 15grams, oatmeal 15grams and other items that are great during first few weeks, pretein pudding 15 grams in a serving. Cost is $16 box for 7 serving. I had pudding, protein juice and soup yesterday  = 45 grams of protein.. Tastes good and easier than adding protein powder . I was getting sick of the protein shakes and thought I would share this discovery.

HW:240  SW:209    CW: 143

Jason W.
on 9/22/12 10:08 am - Canada
I am confused..........never heard of any of those items with protein. Must be adding protein using a supplement.
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

sexybeaches_1
on 9/22/12 10:32 am - Canada
The items are food with protein isolate in them. I find adding protein powder too items such as pudding doesn't taste good. So I am using the food that is already prepared with protein. It costs a bit more but I want to eat items that taste good.

HW:240  SW:209    CW: 143

mermaidz
on 9/22/12 11:53 am - Brampton, Canada
Hey Sexybeaches..

Have you tried the Isopure Protein whey isolate? "Creamy Vanilla"? it's awesome. I add it to everything and it's 50g protein per shake. I put aside another 25g and sprinkle it into whatever I'm eating and it blends in really well..

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

ShallowGirl
on 9/23/12 9:13 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
There is a hot chocolate mix with protein that I am going to try,

www.bariatrix.com

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

sam1am
on 9/23/12 11:11 am
I think that's great that they are prepackaging protein added drinks/food.  It may be pricier than making it yourself, but a big help right after surgery and likely tested and proven to be tolerable.  I'm sure it will give you some good ideas for making these things yourself when you are ready.  If I understand this properly, I think its genius of them!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics