People who have gone through Windsor

Laura H.
on 10/3/12 5:59 am - Canada
Hello,  I have a friend who is going through Windsor.  I can't answer as I went through HRRH.  What appointments did you have and what is the time line like?  I told her I would ask.  Thanks. 

Laura H.

wants2Bfitagain
on 10/3/12 10:22 pm
I am going through Windsor, they don’t move as fast as HRRH. My info is in my timeline but I was able to speed through everything with them. Normally its a year through Windsor I did not need the extra tests such as sleep study or a 2nd apt with the Dr there. I had all my tests done right away so when I went to the Dr’s first time he waived me off. I am on no med’s so my file is pretty simple. You have to see the SW and NUT 2 times plus attend a NUT class and a Sur ed class that HRRH doesn’t do. Today is my surge ed class and then my file is being sent to HRRH. I was able to do this because I have an aunt in the area. Otherwise Windsor refer’s to Guelph and TWH. Also my referral was sent in and took 2 months for orientation date. They don’t like it when you call for cancel appts either and don’t move you up. I did get my one apt moved up when I was meeting the NP because of summer holidays but it was by 2 weeks. Be patient is the best advice but they are all really nice people.

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

Laura H.
on 10/3/12 10:59 pm - Canada
Thanks.  I will let my friend know.

Laura H.

Debbit
on 10/6/12 12:10 am - Windsor, Canada
RNY on 05/22/12
I went through Windsor.   My appointments involved 2 visits witht he Social Worker, 2 visit with the Dietitican, 3 doctor's appointment (my vitamin D was low and he wanted to ensure it was up before referring me for surgery), then the surgical ed class and a physotherapist appointment.

Most Active
Recent Topics